Stray Fawn Community

[Steam] Workshop authors are all listed as "unknown"

Alusares

In-game, when I go to the workshop to see other people's creations, it displays "unknown" for the authors' names. I didn't notice this until I uploaded one of my drones and started looking around 🍥 Does anyone else have this issue? Or is it just on my end?

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is something outside our abilities and a limitation on how Steam handles their Users/API. I think you can only get the username of another player if you are in somehow the same "region", whatever that means in Steam-terms :) I think you must be Friends, own the same game or be part of the same leaderboard, I don't know the exact details myself. @Micha knows about it :) 

In conclusion: We can't do anything about it (and this is the case for everyone, not just you), but the names should start to be displayed after a while or certain event, which I'm not sure exactly what it is :/ 

I hope this is enough information for the time being. If Micha has more technical details, maybe he can share it with you :) 

The name is only shown if you are in the same steam group or leaderboard as the other players.

This is a limitation by steam, so games cannot collect usernames of all users.
But you can also access the steam workshop over the steam website, where you also see the names and comments and can subscribe to drones: https://steamcommunity.com/app/383840/workshop/