Stray Fawn Community

Sumo Arena Needs a Ladder System

Birdleaf

Arena is one of the coolest features in this game, but it gets really stale when your 99% win rate bot is still going up against drones that do nothing or kill themselves. There needs to be some kind of ladder or Elo rating system.

Please make an option for competitive Sumo Arena along side what we currently have. It would be a huge draw for a lot of people!

• Like 1

5 replies to this post

I can agree with that. The opponent bots should have a wins loose ratio and each round the chosen bot should be from a higher win ratio letting the matches get harder each round.

I would also like a Weight Class if I am fielding a 10 block Drone then my opponents should be closer to 10 blocks then 100 blocks and vise versus

My Drone        Opponent Size
<11 blocks        <25 Blocks
11 - 30 blocks  <50 Blocks
31 - 50 Blocks  15 - 75 Blocks
51 - 75 Blocks   30+ Blocks
76+ Blocks         50+ Blocks

And "New Drone" should be disqualified If you don't care enough about your drone to give it a name the no one should care if it ranks.😝

I caught the live stream on steam with the Sumo Arena I deiced from it alone that I wanted this game I love puzzles and hope there are more build automation challenges to come

• Like 2

Strongly agree that a more robust match making system would go a long way to making the PvP more fun for a wide audience. Though I would recommend resisting the urge to use signals other than win/lose to rank performance it will most likely reduce the accuracy of your evaluation. I.e. don't look at the number of blocks used, just look at the outcome of the matches it's played.

I expect there's an open source implementation of Glicko for unity which you could probably get working without too much effort. If not then Elo should work well enough. Assuming you don't want to license TrueSkill from Microsoft.

• Like 2

At the end of a Sumo Tournament they show how you did compared to others and it has a size break down as well.

I being the puzzle fan I am I wanted to challenge my self by building a Drone for the smallest category 10 or fewer blocks. the problem is I end up facing drones more then five times my size so I have no chance of shifting them. So my highest rank of 7 wins come from dumb luck in the opponent draw and less on my skill in drone design.

For Example:

as you see I lost because my 10 block drone was put up aginest a drone over five times my size.

Match 2 shows how there needs to be some Wins/Loss ratio as I do not see how "New Drone" has ever won a match

• Like 2