Stray Fawn Community

Tags AND Keys vs OR

Stuin

In many places it would be much more useful, and make much more sense, if having a tag and a key for an input meant they were both needed rather than either or. It could be very useful for having remote systems only activate under certain conditions. It is very unintuitive the way it is now. The common way of using it just as extra logical keys would still be fine and valid. 

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

I definitely thought the TAG and Input were ANDed for a while, ORing them seems counter intuitive and allows for extra inputs and outputs for a given chip.  If they were ANDed, sending a 1 to "SomeTag" "W" would only trigger something specifically listening for that combination of keys, instead of triggering both W and "SomeTag"

Making them AND by default would make logic much more complicated by removing the option for extra inputs/outputs, but I'm all for that

Personally, I think entering a TAG should disable the key input/output.  You should get one or the other.  It's weird to me that because you have the option of using tags, a part should gain more function (accept the tag OR keypress) when you use both.  It almost makes it less of a helper option, and more of a correct decision in cases where it's helpful.