Stray Fawn Community

Sticky/glue block

Fire209

Could be useful for sumo or the upcoming races, but a block, that when activated, will stick to anything it's not attatched to, like walls, enemies, and other drones or parts of the drone it's not attatched to. This would only be active while it's key is pressed. Maybe it consumes energy?

• Like 1

14 replies to this post

I also want a part which can connect to other things with force which is not metallic. This could be used for many interesting things and maybe make certain collect missions easier.

The drawback probably will be, that a physical connection must be made beforehand and it doesn't have a "distance force field" like the magnets :) Suction cups anyone? ^^

Honestly . . . the only thing I'd ever use magnets for again, that I can foresee, is cohering parts of a very large drone.  They just aren't useful for anything but retrieval missions right now.  They're rather ineffective against enemy fire, they ARE ineffective against most enemies . . . what if magnet connections could pass energy to a magneted drone?  That might provide a second special-case use.

I'm on the fence about suggesting the magnet just get outright replaced by the mining part, and allowing the mining part to directionally 'vacuum' objects to it.

• Like 1

There was a time when magnets were strong enough to deflect incoming enemy bullets :D

If we allow to make the magnet stronger, and have more enemies be heavily attracted by them, you could use it as a weapon, where you throw a magnet (with energy attached) inside a group of enemies and the enemies would all stick to the magnet. Paired with a timed TNT this could be a useful weapon :) 

• Like 3

I remember those magnets, but even then an overlapped shield was more useful.  I've always said, back to the closed alpha, that Magnets should be gravitic instead of magnetic.  I get the tactical challenge in building for multiple enemy types, but it's just not useful enough, even for mechanical enemies, to build magnetic weapons for a subset of enemy types.  PVP is the only use I see for them, or rarely, in ejecting drone parts, like factory outputs, or cohering a large drone.

A possible solution could be different materials for the basic blocks that also change the friction of these parts. Instead of adding a new seperate part.

So you could have parts to glide along walls and others that will stick immediately.

Anchor Block ( was moved to this thread )

Basically its an anchor when a button is pressed and is touching a surface or maybe a drone ( which could be changed by a tab when changing settings to make it connect to the terrain done's or both ) which would allow turret drops and mini bases made by factories, just something that's interesting and would be fun to play with.