Stray Fawn Community

Logic Mirror

D.Mentia

A new logic device that ignores logic cut-offs for its input key only - this would be a solution for having independent drones that can all react to the same trigger (like pressing a button to return all drones to the mothership).  For example, if you set it with input "W" and attach it to a drone that's otherwise behind a cutoff, this would 'mirror' the global W input into the local logic network, and the output will still be local - so when you press W, every individual drone receives the input and can handle it independently without affecting anything on the global network.  Ideally we'd also have a "Global Mirror" that works in reverse, taking a local input and outputting a global one

It'd basically be a way to send and receive specific variables between your logic networks, letting them interface, instead of the current chips which only allow you to be either on or off a given network and can never communicate between them

I can only think of a few uses for this, but part of the way this game works out is to provide the tools and see what the users can do with them, so may as well open up a whole new bag of logic networking and see if anyone can come up with anything

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

+1 for Logic Tunnels/Gateways/Key forwarding, whatever you want to call it.🙂

I'd really like to be able to enable/disable my swarm's movement. The only way I can think of doing this, currently, is via a clunky mechanical relay (motorised pivot and self-distance sensor setup).

I saw the key/tag transceiver, but it's a slightly different implementation of the same concept - this idea is a little less complex because it doesn't require two parts to work, but this idea also doesn't allow you to communicate between two non-core networks like the transceiver would.  So, vote on whichever one you think would work best ;)

Not sure if I got all the details from your idea, but won't the "Logic connector" fit your need to allow for "global keys"? If you have a logic splitter and then use a logic connector further down, you can receive all global keys again.

Sort of, the problem is doing something to a drone's thrusters, which are behind a logic separator, based on the input from a global key, which isn't - there's no current way for my separated logic to ever do anything based on a global key input, or output a global keypress based on separated logic

So even if I were to attach a logic connector, any inputs I receive from it can't be sent through the separator to affect the drone.  The alternative would be to have whole separate thrusters attached to the logic connector, to do something based on global input, but then there's no way to tell the separated thrusters to stop trying to do things