Stray Fawn Community

Friendly Fire Upgrade

Marker Mage

Do you think a friendly fire upgrade that lets a weapon damage your drone parts is a possibility?

It could be used to destroy excess factory part creations that are slowing the game down or have just piled up in an unappreciated location. Like if you got a harvester drone equipped with a factory part that makes resource boxes with thrusters and sensors that detach and fly to the Nimbatus to dump their contents, it might be nice to have some sort of incineration strip for them to go to afterwards. Too many times I've seen my self destruct TNT leave a single part or two behind.

It could also be used with plasma and cryonic ammo types along with a damage downgrade to quickly heat or cool a drone. Just imagine if you later add more ammo types that could situationally be useful to get hit with.

Also, it would allow me to make a drone with 2 decouplable/factory-made minidrones with controls set up for me and a friend to have a fight on some random planet.

• Like 1

4 replies to this post

8 hours ago, GreyCore said:

Im pretty sure you can destroy the previously crafted drone with a new one. I keep doing that myself

You can destroy any drone structure that no longer has energy or fuel attached to its structure, I believe.  If there's a functional battery left on it, it's immune.

8 hours ago, Lurkily said:

You can destroy any drone structure that no longer has energy or fuel attached to its structure, I believe.  If there's a functional battery left on it, it's immune.

hm... i dont know. I think you can destroy anything that is printed in the same factory but the previous copy, becouse my batteries and fuel ussualy survives the self destruct.

I have a drone that factory-prints ore couriers; a little ship with ore canisters that takes off for the hopper, drops the canisters in, and then self-destructs.  These do not take friendly fire.  When they're attacked, I've been able to damage their parts . . . . sometimes, and only after they're attacked.  One damaged drone I wasn't able to destroy.  I assumed it was because it had a functioning solar cell left, which I didn't recall on other sub-drones I destroyed.  Maybe the criteria is something else.