Stray Fawn Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bunny

Procedurally generated galaxy

First of all my native language is not English in case I misspell something.

I've playing the demo A LOT and I buyed it in the first 5 minutes after it EA release and I keep enjoying it like a little boy with a new toy BUT while I was watching a video I noticed that the guy was on the same planet in the same location of the galaxy with the same name, mission and even resources (amount, type and locations).

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about if it's procedurally generated or don't, I'll love the game anyway but some people don't gonna think like me and they will expect a fully based procedural game so please, dont sell it as what it's not. And if the procedurally generated galaxies starts on the 2nd galaxy I really apologize.

I just want this to be a constructive critique and I don't want that the developers feels attacked or something like that.

Captura.PNG

The galaxies are procedurally generated. 
This means we are not designing them by hand, but the planets are generated using an algorithm.

All players currently have the same seed and therefore the same galaxy is generated.
We did this so new players can get help by others by telling them the name and location of the planet.

We will add some sandbox settings in the future where you can change the seed and get a completly different galaxy.

Cheers,
Micha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Micha said:

All players currently have the same seed and therefore the same galaxy is generated.
We did this so new players can get help by others by telling them the name and location of the planet.

Ohh... That's a really good move. I'm sorry then. I was confused with what I had seen on the video but now I have all clear now :)

5 minutes ago, Micha said:

We will add some sandbox settings in the future where you can change the seed and get a completly different galaxy.

That's nice.

I apologize to you and all your team for this misunderstood. :(

• Like 2