Stray Fawn Community

Optional factory limitation: Max products

Baka Red

I believe it would be useful for the person creating a drone to be able to optionally limit how many products the factory can have in existence at once. Once the factory prints a new product once this limit is reached, all the parts of the first still in existence production cease to exist (ie: they self destruct in some way).

Main benefit of this option would be that you won't litter the place up with parts and thus this reduces the memory consumption and in that way reduces lag.

How this idea came to my mind? I was on my way of running an orbital bombardier factory platform (ie: the orbital platform builds automatically orbital doom satellites, sends them to left and right, and they drop bombs as they go.) The idea was that the factory would create a chain of these bombers around the planet and the planet would disappear under their bombardment. Unfortunately after only ten or so bombers I noticed lag creeping up (and my computer is not a weak thing) and stopped that Exterminatus in mid process.

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet