Stray Fawn Community

Logic fix

GreyCore

There are logic gates that require only one of the buttons to be activated... That makes a lot of logic way more difficult than it should be. There should be an option to choose between two behaviours:

1.Either one of the buttons must be pressed

1.The first button must be pressed and the second must be not pressed

BTW I KNOW THERE ARE WAYS TO DO THIS WITH MORE LOGIC

Edited by GreyCore
UGhhhhhh...

7 replies to this post

14 minutes ago, D.Mentia said:

1 is an OR gate, 2 is an AND gate with NOT on one of the inputs - I don't really feel that two chips to do that is overly complex, am I missing something?

I just want convenience

It IS rather overcomplicated to have to use two gates for this.  If I were coding in almost any language, this would be one test; if A =1 and B=0.  This is no more complex than if A=1 and B=1, a single AND block in our current layout.  In fact, almost any other combination is a single block.

I've long thought "If X is true and Y is false" is too challenging.  You can get it to work, but it's not straightforward, and for people who aren't veteran coders, having very complex, (and at first glance, apparently useless gates) but not this option can be frustrating.

I do think this would have to be a separate gate, though.

this could be solved with an invert option on every input.  (basically a free optional NOT gate on each input).

This also solves tick timing issues because adding a not gate adds 1 tick of delay when you could have zero delay if it was built into the gate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entity said:

this could be solved with an invert option on every input.  (basically a free optional NOT gate on each input).

This also solves tick timing issues because adding a not gate adds 1 tick of delay when you could have zero delay if it was built into the gate.

I KNOW THERE IS A FIX. I want more powrful logic blocks with less complexity...

2 minutes ago, GreyCore said:

I KNOW THERE IS A FIX. I want more powrful logic blocks with less complexity...

that suggestion was aimed at the devs, not you.   and it would give you exactly what you want.