Stray Fawn Community

Round proximity sensor

GreyCore

Theyre square. You cant turn them and not take up a 2x2 space... could you round them please??

Edited by GreyCore
I was notified - there was a mistake in my sentence... the not word was missing. sorry.

9 replies to this post

I've also submitted this in the past, and would benefit from this.

This seems like a good time to reiterate the other updates I'd like in distance sensors - an angle sweep, and the ability to separate it into segments like an altimeter.  One slider to determine if the split is from 0-100%, one tolerance, and an output for when each segment is triggered.  One sensor could be used for "Enemy spotted, outside optimum range," "Enemy in optimum range," and "Enemy too close, back the hell up."

• Like 1

Just now, Lurkily said:

I've also submitted this in the past, and would benefit from this.

This seems like a good time to reiterate the other updates I'd like in distance sensors - an angle sweep, and the ability to separate it into segments like an altimeter.  One slider to determine if the split is from 0-100%, one tolerance, and an output for when each segment is triggered.  One sensor could be used for "Enemy spotted, outside optimum range," "Enemy in optimum range," and "Enemy too close, back the hell up."

I think i would love that. But i will still elaborate on it: There should be an option to set the degrees on the sensor, like: 1 - current sensor ( a line ), 100 - a full circle, or basically a directionless proximity sensor

28 minutes ago, GreyCore said:

Theyre square. You cant turn them and take up a 2x2 space... could you round them please??

Same problem with the distance sensor. 1x1 but not square 😕

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GreyCore said:

I think i would love that. But i will still elaborate on it: There should be an option to set the degrees on the sensor, like: 1 - current sensor ( a line ), 100 - a full circle, or basically a directionless proximity sensor

I've gone into detail elsewhere, but in short I would want a 0-360 arc, diminishing max range as the arc increases until it's basically a collision sensor.

I would like it to sense in two parts; like an altimeter can sense and act on low altitude or high altitude, I would like them to be able to sense and act upon long or short range contact, with the option for a tolerance in between. (That might be too much, though, and two sensors can kind of sort of pretend to do this well; it would require three and too much logic to perfectly mimic those capabilities.

4 hours ago, Entity said:

Same problem with the distance sensor. 1x1 but not square 😕

Isn't the distance sensor what we're talking about? I may be confused.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 8:20 PM, Lurkily said:

Isn't the distance sensor what we're talking about? I may be confused.

OP said 2x2 so either they meant 1x1, they're thinking about the wrong sensor, or are using a different scale than grid squares.

*shrug*

I do believe all square sensors where the orientation of it matters for its function should be round, regardless of their size.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Entity said:

OP said 2x2 so either they meant 1x1, they're thinking about the wrong sensor, or are using a different scale than grid squares.

*shrug*

I do believe all square sensors where the orientation of it matters for its function should be round, regardless of their size.

Thanks for writing about that. I made a mistake in a sentence, and didnt see it until now...

4 hours ago, Entity said:

Agreed.  Some have said a square just fits better sometimes, but I don't think being flush helps stabilize a drone much, so if it's one or the other, I'd rather have them all round.