Stray Fawn Community

Is this drone glitched or something?

HeavenlyPotato

So I made a sumo drone which took a few hours to complete Many revisions changed it and it should be decent-ish or something, I don't  know. However, no matter how bad the design is, it should works as I planned on the sensors and logic parts. I keep checking the parts for something wrong, but I can't find anything. Am I just stupid, or is the game glitched? 

In order to look at it, you need to download it on the sumo drones. It should be called, "Help Me" crafted by HeavenlyPotato

• Like 1

You made something pretty complicated there so I can't go too deep into it and understand it. Why it jumps at the beginning:

You have mapped "Y", "U" and "I" to the jump-thrusters. You have Trigger Impulses, which activate said keys (after a delay), when Arrow-Keys are pressed.  Arrow-Keys are detected by sensors, which should not active in the beginning - but: You have XNOR gates which active arrow-keys, if certain other arrow keys are not turned on (which is the case at the start -> no distance sensor detects something). This means right from the start you have a jump-thruster loading and then soon charging forward because of your trigger-impulse, XNOR setup.

On another note: You mapped all jump-thrusters which head up and down to "Y", but I think one set of those should be mapped to "T". "T" is not mapped to any thrusters if I got that correctly.

I suggest you describe what you want to achieve with your drone and then we can brainstorm how we can help you. This is easier than understanding your logic without context. Also maybe we can find a simpler solution.

For sharing here, you don't need to upload your drone to the workshop. You can also export the drone to a *.drn file and then upload here on the forum.

So far I think the game logic behaves as intended, if I haven't missed anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I skipped over the Y's on the thrusters up and down, and fixed it. Thanks for noticing that. The goal I was trying to achieve with my drone is to use the normal thrusters for all situations while have jumping thrusters as backup against the sumo borders. The XNOR setup is to make sure I do not just go back and forth between an enemy above and sumo behind, or an enemy to the left and sumo to the right. I seem to have skipped over the last part of the XNOR logic part's explanation and only saw the first part. It seems to just be my brain not working at night. Thank you for your help.

• Like 1