Stray Fawn Community

Please add a logic part with two outputs

HeavenlyPotato

6 replies to this post

Do I misunderstand something? Do you want a component, which receives input (A) and duplicates it so it sends two signals out? If so, cannot you use IF component for that? If you just want to duplicate signal: IF A THEN B, and now you have two signals (A and B), if you need it to be B and C you will need two IFs but in practice you now have three signals A, B and C happening at once instead of having just two which you seem to want. There is a use for your suggested component of course: It would (if it is 2x1 logic component like the others) save space in the scenario you want 3 signals happening at once, and it would "cost" one module less in that scenario.

ย 

• Thanks 1

This has some niche uses, but it's essentially 2 IF gates acting on the same input, or 1 IF gate having both a tag and key as output.

In fact, all gates technically already have 2 outputs through the use of tags and keys.

I'm kind of agreed with others on this.ย  First, we already sort of have this functionality, in that a module can output both a button and a tag. (Which I think is kind of cheaty, myself.)ย  Second, it only requires one additional block, and very little complexity to do this.ย  It isn't a confusing solution.