Stray Fawn Community

Larger weapons

kaufgamer

5 replies to this post

I like the idea of different weapon types needing to be purchased, but I think they should only have to be purchased once, much like upgrades, not per piece. Maybe start off with blaster, long laser, and rockets and have to buy everything else? Also I don’t think that merchants are a good idea. You should just be able to buy them in the weapon workshop.

I do, a large 2x2 Gatling blaster that has a very fast fire rate and high Dps, but will slowly heat up its surroundings, these must be bought from special weapon dealers located in there own little buildings. You will have to buy every Gatling blaster, with resource,  750 stetium and 500 red resources. The idea is that they are very costly but very powerful.

I think they would need to be fixed; it looks like cursor-following weapons only have a 1x1 footprint that doesn't rotate, (Or perhaps it's circular, so it rotates but doesn't collide,)[ but it'd begin to get weird having a 2x1, or a 2x2 weapon swinging around without collisions and requiring that they be fixed can help address balance issues.

You could generate them procedurally; give them a free upgrade that doesn't consume a shot.  The gatling mentioned above might be a fire rate upgrade or even the gatling upgrade from the tech tree. (An upgraded upgrade.)