Stray Fawn Community

Flamethrowers use fuel

pieguy56

I thought of this a couple days ago and I thought it was worth it to make a post. The idea is that flamethrowers could use fuel instead of energy.  Have you ever seen a flamethrower that uses electricity?

I'm sure this flamethrower uses gas not energy. image.png.e261560bfbe3f4be09126dbea9a69187.png.266c09896b72ef8eefdaa07e0e5521ba.png

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

I actually really like the idea of having some weapons use different resources to operate. Mabey guns should use ammo boxes and missiles use missile clamps, so on? This also leads onto having weapons that use resources to run (That won't consume recourses straight from the recourse tab, but from on-board recourse tanks, thereby directly requiring the user to already have found the resources prior to using the weapon.) Either way, seems like a good idea!

• Like 1

I actually have an electric lighter.  Though it produces a heated arc, not actually flame.  It makes real-world sense, but I'm not sure it's an improvement to gameplay to have this one weapon that doesn't act like other weapons.  I think there'll be some confusion as people add more and more energy, and wonder why it isn't helping them.

I did have a suggestion for a 'magazine' block; it would basically be weapon energy.  Weapons could use regular energy with a debuff to every stat, but a magazine would be their optimal source, first choice, and specialized magazines with input activation could alter weapon behavior - give ammo special properties or different damage types.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:50 AM, jbox1 said:

I actually really like the idea of having some weapons use different resources to operate. Mabey guns should use ammo boxes and missiles use missile clamps, so on? This also leads onto having weapons that use resources to run (That won't consume recourses straight from the recourse tab, but from on-board recourse tanks, thereby directly requiring the user to already have found the resources prior to using the weapon.) Either way, seems like a good idea!

No, cool idea, but... no please no no no. 

7 hours ago, Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats! said:

No, cool idea, but... no please no no no. 

Any thoughts on this one?  Weapons would still work without it, albeit less well, and being energy for weapon use, it shouldn't require too much heartache in updating your designs; just replace a few energy blocks.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:36 AM, Lurkily said:

Any thoughts on this one?  Weapons would still work without it, albeit less well, and being energy for weapon use, it shouldn't require too much heartache in updating your designs; just replace a few energy blocks.

You yourself stated once that we shouldn’t have gimmicky blocks that only have one required use. This idea just feels gimmicky and stupid.

I think I meant something different by one required use; I remember saying it, but not the exact context.  I think it was about being useful only in very specific situations; 

What I was aiming for there was more about implementing an actual weaponry infrastructure beyond just running everything on energy.  I actually don't think making a complex weapon infrastructure is necessary, but when it comes up, I always try to put a couple of cents in.

• Like 1