Stray Fawn Community

Console?

alyssa1864

Hey again :)

Players sometimes use the console as a way to 'cheat'. You can give yourself more food, change your nichelings' age, gender, or even their genes. I think there are other things you can do too. The problem is, it can be very buggy. 

I have only given myself food and changed genes before with the console. The food change was not buggy at all, but my creatures died of old age in just a few days when I changed their genes. Sometimes it isn't like that though. 

I think if you press one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard, it will pop up. Then you have to type in specific stuff to 'cheat'. 

be sure to back up your save files (make a copy and put them in a safe place) before using the console. Better safe than sorry!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

Players sometimes use the console as a way to 'cheat'. You can give yourself more food, change your nichelings' age, gender, or even their genes. I think there are other things you can do too. The problem is, it can be very buggy. 

I have only given myself food and changed genes before with the console. The food change was not buggy at all, but my creatures died of old age in just a few days when I changed their genes. Sometimes it isn't like that though. 

I think if you press one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard, it will pop up. Then you have to type in specific stuff to 'cheat'. 

be sure to back up your save files (make a copy and put them in a safe place) before using the console. 

Cheers!

Oh! Thanks, and hello again. XD

I have been getting problems with food sO-

tImE tO fIx ThAt

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

be sure to back up your save files (make a copy and put them in a safe place) before using the console. Better safe than sorry!

Cheers!

Do you know which F key it is?

• Like 1

Here are a few more of the bugs just for convenience! (Some of these will actually break your game:)

Edit: Some of these may have been fixed.

Glitch One- Age Faster

How to Preform: Do a buttload of console commands on one creature. Like, a lot. If you're successful, your creature should have aged way faster. (I've even gotten to the point where the creature died the next day...)

Solution: After you're done editing the genes of your creature, use the console command "increaseage [negative value]". There is a separate bug for that, though.

Glitch Two- Big Head

How to Preform: Edit any of the creature's genes apart from snout or eye genes. Your creature's heads should be much larger now.

Solution: ???

image.png.c91986b69148f89a233d722604795f97.png

Glitch Three- Tiny Head

How to Preform: On the day a creature is born, edit their eye genes. Their head should be (amusingly) smaller now.

Solution: End the day and the head will return to normal size the next day.

image.png.04a4d1247328077e841c58b5855cc3b3.png

Glitch Four- Forever Night

How to Preform: It only happens on random, possibly after you have made a ton of commands.

Effects: It'll be a certain time of day (apart from daytime) forever and nothing will spawn. Also, days won't add up, and it won't appear on the sun icon.

image.png.4c515971121cf232aa9c4668ff3de813.png

(Thanks to my friend Ollie-Mint for the screenshot)

Glitch Five- Reverse Aging

How to Preform: Decrease a creature's age to the point where their age is a number smaller than zero. Then exit the game and come back to that save.

Effects: Your creature is now permanently looking down. And, since the game registers them as a child, they are now prone to blue-bird attacks.

Solution: Age them up again by using the console using the command "increaseage [positive value]".

Glitch Six- "I can't see!"

How to Preform: When you edit a creature's genes, and they run out of turns, their eyes will close but you can still move their head.

Solution: Exit the game and come back.

image.png.e4477b7d0caee1b041a31f82ebe16831.png

Glitch Seven- Multiple Identity Disorder

How to Preform: Edit any creature's genes, and their pictures in the UI and Family Tree will be what they originally were.

Edit: WAIT!!! I found another glitch! I totally forgot about it. Introducing,

Glitch Eight- "That'sa strange child..."

How to Preform: Pull up the console and use the command "AddStatusEffect pregnant" to any creature. Doesn't matter which gender or what age, just impregnate them using the console. Then move said creature to a nest, end the day, and voila, hell has arrived at your doorstep.

Effects: Sometimes, these guys will destroy your save. No, seriously. Sometimes if you spawn in a bunch of them, the save file will disappear after you exit the game.

Solution: There is no known solution. These guys just stick around for a long time. Sorry, Jimmy.

image.png.d7eaf92df0ff217750f9a90313d10b89.pngimage.png.32c99d1828ea87379d7a2fc27cdc909e.png

(Thanks to Wiki contributor Gemthedragon and my Steam friend Echotuft for these! The one on the left is the newest version of these demonic headless creatures.)

Sorry for the wall of text, and I'm sure there's more bugs I haven't discovered yet!

• Like 3

@Spooky Goggles-kun

I'd have a question about forever night. Is this the game breaking bug?

What is a game-breaking bug, then? Exiting the game fixes it on my laptop. Does it refer to having to reload the save? Or has it caused some games to be permanently stuck? Or is it related to mechanics as with the fast aging?  I am confused.

About how often it breaks... seems related to tribe size. I might be wrong, though. It never broke with 2 creatures even with a lot of edits, pretty close to always with around 30 and only one edit.

But that was on my not-made-for-gaming laptop. Some two seconds freezing was a given. On PC the gap between the numbers was larger. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

@Spooky Goggles-kun

I'd have a question about forever night. Is this the game breaking bug?

What is a game-breaking bug, then? Exiting the game fixes it on my laptop. Does it refer to having to reload the save?

I consider "Forever Night" a game-breaking bug, because from what I hear, nothing ever spawns (because the game considers it to be a time of the day when nothing should spawn)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2018 at 11:10 PM, Spooky Goggles-kun said:

Here are a few more of the bugs just for convenience! (Some of these will actually break your game:)

Edit: Some of these may have been fixed.

Glitch One- Age Faster

How to Preform: Do a buttload of console commands on one creature. Like, a lot. If you're successful, your creature should have aged way faster. (I've even gotten to the point where the creature died the next day...)

Solution: After you're done editing the genes of your creature, use the console command "increaseage [negative value]". There is a separate bug for that, though.

Glitch Two- Big Head

How to Preform: Edit any of the creature's genes apart from snout or eye genes. Your creature's heads should be much larger now.

image.png.c91986b69148f89a233d722604795f97.png

Glitch Three- Tiny Head

How to Preform: On the day a creature is born, edit their eye genes. Their head should be (amusingly) smaller now.

Solution: End the day and the head will return to normal size the next day.

image.png.04a4d1247328077e841c58b5855cc3b3.png

Glitch Four- Forever Night

How to Preform: It only happens on random, possibly after you have made a ton of commands.

Effects: It'll be a certain time of day (apart from daytime) forever and nothing will spawn.

image.png.4c515971121cf232aa9c4668ff3de813.png

(Thanks to my friend Ollie-Mint for the screenshot)

Glitch Five- Reverse Aging

How to Preform: Decrease a creature's age to the point where their age is a number smaller than zero. Then exit the game and come back to that save.

Effects: Your creature is now permanently looking down. And, since the game registers them as a child, they are now prone to blue-bird attacks.

Solution: Age them up again by using the console using the command "increaseage [positive value]".

Glitch Six- "I can't see!"

How to Preform: When you edit a creature's genes, and they run out of turns, their eyes will close but you can still move their head.

Solution: Exit the game and come back.

image.png.e4477b7d0caee1b041a31f82ebe16831.png

Glitch Seven- Multiple Identity Disorder

How to Preform: Edit any creature's genes, and their pictures in the UI and Family Tree will be what they originally were.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I'm sure there's more bugs I haven't discovered yet!

Whenever I do "Forever Night", my days don't add up, but when I hover above the icon with the sun, it says I have survived X amount of days, but it doesnt show it on the sun.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm...

Sooo... I made a game on Home Island to test with the console, and I:

• changed my female's ears to Round Ears
  • Attacked Adam's tribe
  • Had Adam's tribe kill my male
  • Gave my remaining creature -1050 lifespan
  • used 'DetectAll true'
  • attacked another Home Islander until they killed me but I just went poof- no bones, no nothing
  • restarted with the same bloodline
  • and got this:

20181105163415_1.thumb.jpg.bf20b3c2a848d623c32ad30388eb4bba.jpg

The bugs I can see from this one picture:

• Endless Night
  • Creatures acting asleep but they still have moves
  • (?) Weird island shape (they never look like this)
  • Not on Home Island even though I was on it when I restarted from the same Bloodline

wow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1