Stray Fawn Community

Albinism and Melanism give camouflage stats

Bill Nye the Science Fry

Right now albinism/melanism completely takes away all camouflage stats, and I think it's kinda unfair. What I'm suggesting is that albinism gives +2 or 3 camo in the mountains, and melanism gives +2 or 3 camo in the jungles. I think it's unfair that a big-eyed ape is gonna go after my melanistic creature even though there's a creature with gray fur standing right next to it...

• Like 6

7 replies to this post

Also it doesn't make any sense at all. Black fur gives good camouflage in the  jungle and melanism is basically the same but it doesn't?

Albinos are a little different as in they are very susceptible to sunburn and light in general. So a bright mountain/ snowy environment wouldn't be good/ comfortable to them, though you are right, they still would  be harder to see :)

• Like 2

I tested these yesterday. I actually got Camouflage in the Mountains with Albinism and in the Jungle with Melansim. No Melanism Camouflage in the Swamp, though.

Also I got Camouflage on Sand and Savanna with yellow fur. Is this supposed to be like that?