Stray Fawn Community

Tech Tree For Mechanics like Magnets or Springs

Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats!

I feel like Being able to add upgrades to things like coolers, magnets, and springs may be quite interesting.  What I mean by this is that you could upgrade The following items: magnets, coolers, heaters, and springs (these are just examples) like you can upgrade weapons. This would give resources more use, and allow us to make even crazier contraptions. Of, course this will apply to many more items  such as printers or maybe even batteries. Oh, and finally these items will probably have to overlap their upgrades though so it might be difficult to see what printers have in common with magnets. 

• Like 1

4 replies to this post

Coolers should be removed.

Possible upgrades:

Efficiency, Power, Range, Integrity (+health), Heat, Heat downgrade ( transforms a heater into a cooler ), Spring stiffness, (armor) Hardness (defense against kinetic), (armor) Composition (defense agains thermal), Shape Rounder, Shape squarer, Size decreaser, Size increaser.

I am having a hard time thinking of more... I dont know if it would be that interesting, but i would love that this idea would get deveoped upon

My understanding is that weapons are inherently different from other blocks, and that this is difficult to implement.  I would like an upgrade tree for every category of items that exists, including gates to unlock new items.  Armor, mechanics, fuel and energy, engines, weapons, sensors, logic. (Logic upgrades would probably consist primarily of unlocking new components.)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, Lurkily said:

My understanding is that weapons are inherently different from other blocks, and that this is difficult to implement.  I would like an upgrade tree for every category of items that exists, including gates to unlock new items.  Armor, mechanics, fuel and energy, engines, weapons, sensors, logic. (Logic upgrades would probably consist primarily of unlocking new components.)

Well, I’m just stating that being able to change items like this would allow us to create crazier contraptions.