Stray Fawn Community

One drone on the other side of a factory dies, ALL drones on the other side of a factory die.

Lurkily

I have this drone; the core deploys the main body via a factory, (backup system, and the core serves as a homing beacon for ore couriers) and then I can build and release sub-drones that carry ore to the hopper.

The problem is, the sub-drones self-destruct once they touch down in the hopper, to keep spare parts from piling up, and once they do, the ENTIRE main body of the drone goes dark.  I can remanufacture it and find it again - the whole thing is there, dead and undamaged.  I am attaching a drone file.

F releases the ore courier - R to manufacture another.  Get into the test arena, let the courier go, and watch it fall.  (If you push it and it goes off-center, it'll go back up to 100 altitude before falling - because it can't know the hopper altitude.  Just let it fall. :) )

EDIT: Or delete the central downward facing thruster, leaving it only capable of self-righting, and left-right orbit while at high altitude.

Nimbatus tracker-core beacon.drn

Checked out your drone. it's not a bug. Rather a side effect of what the game considers debris.

When a block is destroyed, all the nodes using that block as parent (ie. all the stuff behind it) become debris (this works the same way a logic splitter does). It doesn't matter if it's physically connected.

Now, your drone...

- The main drone decouples from the core using a decoupler block, and then that decoupler block is let go by the factory. It falls into the hopper.

- This single decoupler is the parent to your drone and its sub-drone(s)

- Your sub-drones blow that up when they land in the hopper.

- Your everything is now debris because you sawed off the branch you're sitting on.

RIP.

Oh, criminy, it's blowing up the parent decoupler, craptasm.  THANK you for seeing that, I was beating my head against a wall!

I figured it was something stupid that I did, but I thought it would be some weird signal issue.  Thank you again.

you're welcome :)

Honestly though, factories and decouplers should probably cause the decoupled child(s) to become independent (they grow up so fast)

You should post a feature request for that and link this post :) (it's funny)

I've immediately stumbled on another problem; in my minor redesign to fix this, somehow my ore couriers don't work anymore.  Now newly spawned ore-canisters cannot be filled by harvesting. (I had this working just fine previously, in a couple of drones.)