Stray Fawn Community

Most challenging missions

the missions are only as hard as you make them. depending on your creativity, you could come up with a great design to fit any situation. yes, the barrel missions pop up more often than i'd like, and down the road perhaps there could be more variety in missions, but i wouldn't say that any of them are hard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bio barrels are the most difficult ones I have met so far. Anything that involves destruction of something I take out easily with my Sky Factories, which produce more factories and bomb the planet into dust (well, lava planets resist my bombardment) and the objective with it - usually the objective goes down before the planet though. ;) Bio barrels are more difficult (but so far not really that difficult), because I cannot just destroy everything and be done with that. Instead I have to do manual flying to solve those. I guess that is more fun than the Sky Factory approach I use for destruction missions.

The fun part of destruction missions for me is trying to develop more efficient ways of creating that destruction. As I mentioned, lava planets currently resist my factories to some extent, so next step is creating self guiding "bombs" (read drones that shoot everything around them) that can find their way into the core parts of the lava planet and try to avoid getting burned by the lava as long as possible, so they get the targets that hide in the core of the lava planets.

As far as I know, we have these mission types (I am only in my 4th galaxy or so):

Destroying X, Sumo (I currently use single drone for all of these), Gather Bio Barrels. Do we have something else yet? After the mission is done, I might run a resource gathering task, but that isn't a "mission".

For barrel missions I tend to burrow under the turrets and shoot them from safety. I also always find and destroy the transmitter first on all missions. 

On the other hand, sometimes the placements of the lava geyser things can be annoying to freeze 5 before the first thaws out. I resolved this by using ice rockets with the minigun and cluster bomb upgrades. Unfortunately both of those upgrades alone kill my frame rate, so I only use both together if I really need to

On 10/20/2018 at 10:33 AM, Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats! said:

I haven’t seen anyone talk about the lava fountain mission

Tbh, that one's fairly easy if you know how to do it right. It involves factories, in case you're wondering.