Stray Fawn Community

Derp Snout Ears

Dr. Nearo

I notice that there is no difference between a necheling with the derp face that has normal ears and one that has long ears. I know they already have different ear lengths, but since the stats of their genes take effect, maybe we should see a little difference on the animal? a derp variation of each of the ears, if you will.

I kind of like this idea, but I also don't. I like it because it kind of doesn't make sense that there isn't ear variation (e.g. why always round ears, and why always 1 big and 1 small regardless of genes?).

I don't like, it, though, for 2 reasons: 1) Derpsnout the name implies that something went wrong, so it makes sense that the ear appearance is also always out of wack because of this awry gene.  2) Tail genes are always overwritten by spiky body even though the tail outcome is not usually controlled by the body. I think of derpsnout as being synonymous in effect, and so I ultimately don't mind the derpsnout ears always looking the same.

I always found it weird the Derpsnout had the same stats as the Shortsnout. If it's a deformity shouldn't it have negative effects like reduced smelling score, or locking out the ear genes and providing a little to no hearing score.

What if the derp snout's face included a "Heavy breathing" ability that attracts carnivores and gives you the ability to hear when a hurny mali is in the grass like when a carnivore growls in the grass? I know it seems crazy and probably shouldn't be added, but just /what if/? xD