Stray Fawn Community

Servos

Xanthanarium

Hey, I'd just love to see the ability in game to have motors whose positions you can set to specific values, rather than setting their rotational speeds. You could integrate this into the normal, plain motors by adding keybinds that allow you to set positions, or they could be a different module entirely. Either way, I'd like to have the ability to have joints whose positions you can set to different places more painlessly. You could have it be so that keys will change their positions by a specific amount in a specific direction, or simply set the motors' positions to set points in a 360 degree arc, or both. It'd also be nice to be able to bind a decent number of keys to each motor for these purposes. Attached is a simple picture I made in Paint 3D to show how I think it would best work.

nimbatus.thumb.png.78c16e753e952c18d2d696a23a81de50.png

4 replies to this post

1 hour ago, Lurkily said:

I suggested just this in closed alpha, harped on it almost.

I would kill someone for this kind of hinge functionality.  I'd also kill a second person to have directional-sensor follow targets.

Yeah, I briefly looked at the threads on this forum & was surprised to not already see something.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats! said:

I’ve now seen several posts requesting this and they Ll got a decent amount of upvotes, and personally also agree with this idea, and the devs will almost certainly add it.

Cool. I just posted this b/c I couldn't find any posts already about it; of course, I didn't look very hard though, and I'm new to this whole forum :)