Stray Fawn Community

Pantheons? Add your ideas!

Many tribes have a story to tell. But could this influence game play on an additional level? 

Imagine a little book in the starting menu. You can choose values from different sets:

-- Spirit of the Hunter: all meat dropped is doubled. However, predators gain one attack point. 

-- (2) all meat dropped is trippled. Predators gain two points in attack. Normal berry bushes act poisonous. 

-- One with Nature: collecting offers one extra food point. Bunills, dodomingos and crabbits become substantially harder to slay. 

-- (2) collecting offers two extra food points. Non hostile entities cannot be killed. Predators live longer.

-- Lover of the Night: negative status effects last half as long, positive ones twice of original lenght. Immunity to leeches and bleeding.

-- Oral Tradition: Creatures live 7 days longer, healing fruits and purr snout restore more health. (+50%) All entities spawn less often. (-20%)

-- (2) Creatures live 14 days longer. Enemies are substantially more long-lived, deal more damage and healing is less effective. Spawnrates are further decreased. (-33%)

-- Fortuna/Will of the Gods: Damage resistance is obsolete for nichelings and predators. Creatures cannot stack stats higher than 2, 5 for attack, 3 for fishing. Small chance (15%) to gain 10 additional food from an action or to cause 10 damage. 

-- (2) Creatures are born with randomized stats. Your rogue-born, no pawed derpsnout might just be the greatest warrior in all of history. (2 points of a genetic base stat are still counted.) 

-- Sirens Call: Calling will always attract -- something. Nichelings that have sung gain an extra point in defense. 

-- Dancing Shadows: Creatures with at least two points total in stealth, camouflage or odour disguise gain 4 more points in those skills. 

-- Warrior Code: Nichelings have +2 points in attack and + 1 gathering by default. Hiding becomes impossible. 

-- Adam's Quest/Heart of the explorer: Creatures have one extra point in movement. 

-- advanced group dynamics: Born alphas are slightly stronger (+1), omegas better gatherers to one present skill (+1), beta's senses are sharpened. (+1 hearing/smelling). Children inherit rank.

E.g. a+a = alpha or beta // b+a = alpha or beta. // b+o= beta or omega// o+a= o,a or b.

-- Wicked Grace: Winged creatures see one tile farther into the distance, including grass. -1 cold/heat resistance.

Non flighted animals gain 2 hot/cold resistance. -1 hearing. Short sighted creatures act blind.

-- Northern lights: Drowning damage only occurs over night. Rogue males carry ancient or rare traits. Dodomingos and Ramfoxes drop 15 more food. 

-- Sun Gods: Shrivelled berry bushes offer 2 food points per berry. +1 heat resistance, immunity to sleeping sickness. 

-- Unity: Large packs (25+) consume less food (-25%) and twins are more common (+50%). More wanderers and fewer rogues spawn.

Immunity sickness kills a creature in three days, sickness does twice the damage to other nichelings. 

Small packs (20 or below) consume more food (+10%). Sickness does no damage. + 1 hot, +2 cold resistance. 

Drastically fewer identical twins, wanderers and rogues spawn (-50%).

• Like 3

I like it. I think this would fit well with the new sandbox upate and the challenges you have to complete (which I believe will be added?). I wouldn't like something like this at the side of the screen, mainly  because I don't like my UI to be to cluttered, but if you could toggle it on and off to modify that would be great :D Especially love the warrior code thing, though not the 'can't smell and hear' (would be a nice challenge though)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jojo said:

I like it. I think this would fit well with the new sandbox upate and the challenges you have to complete (which I believe will be added?). I wouldn't like something like this at the side of the screen, mainly  because I don't like my UI to be to cluttered, but if you could toggle it on and off to modify that would be great :D Especially love the warrior code thing, though not the 'can't smell and hear' (would be a nice challenge though)

Thanks!

I am not sure about some of them, even more so of the sharpened versions. Maybe I should remove (2) entirely under Warrior Code. 

There still needs to be some improvement before it's worth suggesting.

• Like 1