Stray Fawn Community

The Quest For a "Perfect" Creature

Goggles-kun

To me, it didn't matter if a creature was the strongest or the fastest (Now I see why I'm so bad at Niche,) but the most important thing to me was whether or not a creature looked cute.  Bam. Perfect creature.

I even still remember my panda army from 0.1.5., because we all know panda pattern was the superior gene to every other gene.

Actually, panda pattern was just a cosmetic gene, and I'm pretty sure it had no effect on a creature's survival...

But ever since they removed exterminated all pandas from existence after 0.5.0., I started to look for "cute" genes again. Then, I discovered how adorable big ears were. So, big ears quickly became the new panda pattern for me. Bam. New perfect creature.

Then I discovered how cute melanism was with black eyes. Combine this with big ears now. Bam. Newer perfect creature.

image.png.8e357e743a1ca90969c880fab01fc8e5.png

That's my perfect creature right there.

What do you guys consider to be perfect creatures? :D

• Like 4

I love bearyena ears as well, but I don't have one perfect creature. My tribe that went to the home island was 'perfect' for surviving especially in a swamp but they weren't my preferred looks (as I don't have one) I cannot have a preferred look because I love diversity in my tribes. It get's really boring really fast if everybody looks the same, so I just have favourite genes, but I don't want them on all of my Nichelings either ^^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm boring and favor more functional genes. Things like nimble finger and ram horn (it's hard to get mega horn when u r starting new files all the time).

Usually all my nichelings have the same useful traits and I leave the cosmetic traits alone. I like having variety.
Tho I usually try to get rid of yellow fur because it's just plain ugly. Two yellow genes r way too bright of a yellow, but at the same time it doesn't look good mixed with other colors like brown or black. It's just horrible all around. I like mask and spots. Stripes are sometimes hard to see in my opinion, i like how they looked in older versions better. And I usually try to breed out black eyes. I like when my niches have all sorts of different colors, purple, yellow, green, blue... But when there's a lot of black eye genes they just dominate everything.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Wander said:

I'm boring and favor more functional genes. Things like nimble finger and ram horn (it's hard to get mega horn when u r starting new files all the time).

Usually all my nichelings have the same useful traits and I leave the cosmetic traits alone. I like having variety.
Tho I usually try to get rid of yellow fur because it's just plain ugly. Two yellow genes r way too bright of a yellow, but at the same time it doesn't look good mixed with other colors like brown or black. It's just horrible all around. I like mask and spots. Stripes are sometimes hard to see in my opinion, i like how they looked in older versions better. And I usually try to breed out black eyes. I like when my niches have all sorts of different colors, purple, yellow, green, blue... But when there's a lot of black eye genes they just dominate everything. 

I like yellow fur mixed with redbrown fur. It makes a nice orange color. Also my fav nicheling had yellow mixed with white. Other yellow combinations do look bad tough. Different eyecolors are nice.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I like yellow fur mixed with redbrown fur. It makes a nice orange color. Also my fav nicheling had yellow mixed with white. Other yellow combinations do look bad tough. Different eyecolors are nice.

I am not a big fan of the yellow fur either, though mixed with white and beige it makes some nice combinations, if I remember correctly. I don't like the red fur either, at least not in double form. Mixed with others it's alright.

• Like 4

On 10/20/2018 at 5:39 AM, Jojo said:

I am not a big fan of the yellow fur either, though mixed with white and beige it makes some nice combinations, if I remember correctly. I don't like the red fur either, at least not in double form. Mixed with others it's alright.

Same, then the yellow looks more like a soft blonde.
Two red genes looks too much like a fire engine red for me. But I do think it's cute when red and white fur genes r mixed. Pink. ahaha

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

So what you’re saying is:

B99D86AB-6DE1-4F6B-AD62-A9D447A5A13F.thumb.png.15cac28df6d9c24bf97018946c5f7267.png

(I make better art I swear)

Are you saying that Ossen is ugly? You monster! Ossen is perfect!!!

(Ossen had yellow and white fur)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wander said:

Oh! I think Ossen looks very lovely
Because it's yellow and white

yellow/yellow is gross
so is yellow/black

Okay, now it makes sense. Thank you!

Literally every creature with Ossen's color in my tribe is named after him...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2018 at 1:39 PM, Jojo said:

Imo I don't really like yellow fur (especially with patterns), unless it's mixed with white, red or brown (I think that's how you get a really cute honey colour)

• Like 1

If your saying genetically perfect, there is no way for one creature to be the best, strongest, and fastest. It all ends in an equilibrium. Like if you had super strength, you would sacrifice precision and speed. if you were super fast and very presice, you would sacrifice super strength. (It can eventually balance to an equal amount of speed, precision and strength) You're saying cutest, so if we had all combinations of species from niche, then one would top over the others for being the cutest.

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hang on, there is a limited amount of combinations in niche, but unlimited names (if you name them). So does that make niche unlimited? It's not bad to have two (Is it nichelings? niches? nicheopi?) animals that look the same, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight, or nine ,, ,,,

MY MIND IS BLOWN

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I agree with others here that variety is key. In my niche world I generally haver distinct family lines; though they often mix when it comes time to choose mates and that's how I keep from sick nichelings....although it's also why I have like 10 different gem combinations to represent them now instead of just the base color lines (red, blue, yellow, pink, green doesn't count....even though I now have a green line). Anyways, my point is, each family line generally takes on a specific look, especially those that inbreed which tends to happen alot but don't worry I make sure the immunity genes are compatable, sometimes the look changes with each breeding pair, sometimes it stays the same for a long time. Pink line creatures are known for purr snout, yellow line also has some purr snout in their genes (and I'm pretty saure they're also the only place big nose is still alive) but not as much, so not as many purr snouts end up being born. Any red line generally has poison fangs (though they're also the only line with bird beak), and green line is known for cracker jaw because I'm pretty sure the wanderer that started the line was the only one who had it in their genes and green line's last breeding pair were ssiblings. As for fur color, I don't generally pay much attention, I just let it be what it's going to be and every once in a while I note a nicheling that looks pretty in my opinion. Pink and red lines have alot of red fur, it was luck of the draw I think I got it from Eve. I've grown used to it, it doesn't look too bad with purr snout and pink or red colored gems. Though my first baby in storymode ever had a mix of red-black fur (and black eyes pretty sure) and he looked to me like a demon....I don't think that's repeated since, but that's my biggest taboo of red fur and I don't want to repeat it. I don't pay ANY attention to eye color, I don't know why. Don't seem to in real life either. I have to really look at eyes before I see their color and note where I like it or not. I like blue eyes, but green ones I think are my favorite. Anything but black is good in my opinion, though I don't usually notice and I think black eyes are good on psychopaths and some color combinations. As for patterns, I like spots, cause I think alot more spotted nicheling are pretty, don't ask me why, I don't know....yet anyways. Also I like to keep stripes in the family because they are Adam's original pattern, I do have creatures with stripes but most too thin to see it, so when I see a creature with stripes I can really see or effect the parrtern in some cool way I love it. No-pattern nichelings can be pretty if the right color. But I love all my nichelings anyways, and those with the most dynamic story are those I love most.

• Like 1