Stray Fawn Community

More ammo type abilities

CyrusDaSquid

Disclaimer: I’m not requesting more ammo types, just make the current ones more unique.

Anyway, I love what the devs did with the ammo types! Have cryo freeze things, plasma set them on fire, really cool! But they could’ve done a much better job. Currently, all that people ever use are kinetic & cryo, because the others just aren’t viable for much. However, I have some ideas on how to change that! Here are my ideas on all the different ammo types and how they could be made better:

Kinetic-it should still deal a bit more damage to everything                              -however it would have an unique interaction with land: it would sorta feagment/shatter the ground into chunks that could be picked up with a magnet (& dropped off in your resource bin for some resource)

Cryo-it would still freeze enemies (but also biobarrels to make them more damage resistant)

-it would turn the terrrain to permafrost which would be easier to fragment with kinetic

Plasma-it would still set enemies on fire

-it would melt terrain a lot faster (but have a chance of overheating if left on continuously)

Bio-it would still grow terrain

-it would deal HUGE damage to organic enemies (hammerheads & lava bombers don’t count)

-it would use 25% less energy

This would make for sone GREAT combos & variety! I hope you like it, and please upvote if you want it in the game!😊

1 reply to this post

I think as the game's refined, mission types for Plasma and Bio will probably crop up. I agree with a damage that wouild damage terrain, but I don't think Plasma should be it.  With terrain effects (like freeze or fire) possibly being applied to terrain, I think something new should be devised with effects largely directed at terrain removal. (Preferably without damaging ore.)

Bio is something I'm conflicted on.  I've never had a use for adding terrain, and beyond mission objectives, I don't see a use for it emerging.