Stray Fawn Community

Flagging drones as type X drones

Baka Red

Tl;dr; Allow us to set flags to drones, so that drone selection for missions becomes easier.

I would like to see a way to flag drones as "sumos" for example, so that when I start doing mission of type X, I can limit the number of drones which are shown to me to choose from. There are simply too many drones and they cannot currently be organized in any way (We have a long list containing all the drones we have created that appears to be organized with oldest at top, newest edited at bottom (I don't know how steam workshop drones work - I have none of those). If there was a flag system which would allow us to flag each drone with one (or even several), we could go through drone selection more easily. For me this has been a bad problem especially for Sumo fights; when choosing a drone for sumo fight, I see dozens of non-eligible drones with too many parts / too large in the list and my mouse wheel whines as I scroll down, scroll down, down and some more, finally realizing that I went past Unholy Trinity 2 (the drone I usually use for sumos) and I need to go back up.

• Like 1

2 replies to this post

This goes back to categorization suggestions; I'd like to have tabs on the drone list, and a drop-down on each drone to assign it to a tab, and each tab can be marked as having its listings available for sumo, for missions, or for mission types - collection missions, freeze missions, combat missions.  That seems like the most basic possible way to handle it without having to rebuild the UI.

Implementation of a directory tree would be nice, and implementation of it is pretty well-explored, but in the end, I'd like the option that leaves the most development time for gameplay features.