Stray Fawn Community

Resource container(s) spawned by factory don't fill

Imoriarty

Batteries, if you have a weapon attached to a subdrone that continually, sometimes will leave the battery dead - they need a moment not being used to recharge, it seems. I've made enough autonomous sub drones that I would have expected to notice this. 

I'll test tonight, and provide a bug report if I have findings.

I'm currently looking at all the factory bugs and fix them.

It seems to work if the containe is directly attached to the factory part. If one part is inbetween it does not work.
If the part thats inbetween is a decoupler, it shows different problems.

Will be fixed soon :)

That explains why I had a working model that quit.  It operated by decoupling the ore tanks and dropping them in the bin. 

My current model can be refitted to work properly, then. Currently, the factory is spawning nozzles on a disposable array that, once decoupled, thrusts itself away and detonates the parent couplers, to make sure the array is treated as debris. 

It's fun to watch,  though.  I'll post a gif tonight.

38 minutes ago, Micha said:

If the part thats inbetween is a decoupler, it shows different problems.

Well if it is linked to a decoupler, and said decoupler's "off and away!" button was not pressed, it means everything is still attached to the main craft, right? What do you mean "factories can decouple stuff as well"?

While this is not fixed, I can have unlimited energy generation on 11 square units, and another 11 square units for fuel. Which I do not really mind, to be honest.

Take your time!