Stray Fawn Community

Warriorcats challenge!

medicine cat

I'm unsure as to wether someone has posted this yet, but the idea struck me and i just had to share. I love Warriorcats, so I thought I'd make a proper challenge based off of it. I based it off of the Sims 3 Warriors challenge, and the rest I filled up on my own. I will be using the Random Number Generator on RANDOM.ORG, and my two generators for this challenge: my Warrior Character Gen, and my WC Challenge Gene Gen. If you want to change any of the rules to fit yourself, fill free!!! I'll be doing runs of this myself, so if you want to get updates, ask, and I'll make a thread. If you have any questions, please ask!
A big thank you to @Jojo for helping me modify aspirations and random rolls!

Rules:
1. Trust in the random generators. They are your friend. Even if you don't like what it says, follow it. What happens happens.
2. Optional, but I advise you keep a place where you write little profiles for each of your nichelings, like at the beginning of every book. More on that below! It helps you keep track of your clan members, and it's a lot more satisfying to look back on after a few generations!
3. Try to follow the warrior code! Punish rule-breakers or use it to develop your story.
4. You can have multiple clans at once, but be careful- it can be hard to keep track of!
5. Have fun!

How to start:
Choose your desired starter island. I usually like to go with story mode and leave it up to fate, but it's whatever you like. If you choose the story mode beginning, Adam will be the first leader of your clan, but you can rename him, of course. If you choose your own island, feel free to decide which of the two will be leader. As for names, you can name cats however you like, as long as it is in line with the warrior code!

How clan ranks happen:
Leader - is appointed when former leader dies. If you want, use the console to extend the leader's life nine times each time they are close to death. this simulates a leader's 'nine lives'.
Deputy - appointed when old deputy dies or retires
Warrior - when a nicheling is full grown
Apprentice - made when a nicheling is adolescent
Queen - a female nicheling with a baby or who is pregnant
Kit - a baby nicheling
Medicine cat - optional ; these cats must be standing next to a healing plant in order for an injured nicheling to eat from it. these cats also can purr to heal other cats, making purr snouts ideal medicine cats.

Patrols:
You don't have to do these, but try to have a few nichelings near the border of the tall grass every day in order to clear grass or to look for rogues.

Rolls:
WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER A ROGUE: [use a random generator from 1-4]
1 ; Nothing happens/your choice
2 : Your clan fights the rogue.
3 : Your clan invites the rogue to join them. 
4 : A member of your clan mates with the rogue.

WHEN WOUNDED BY A PREDATOR:  
1. easy wound (warrior can be easily healed and continue on with his duties)
2. medium wound (needs one day of rest( literally not allowed to do anything but guard kits and hang around)
3. grave wound (early retirement)
4. dies of injuries (banish Nicheling/ drown them/ get rid of them somehow)

SICKLY NICHELING
1. lives
2. lives but needs to rest often
3. lives close to the medicine cats, can't move far
4. dies

I apologize if anything seems unclear, and if it does, please ask me! I hope you guys enjoy.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I like that you based it off of the Sims 3 challenge :D It gives the whole thing a new twist (seriously I have played with the warriors challenge for so long, this could be a well needed refresher) I will try this :D

I always like to have my apprentices be an apprentice one day longer but they have to be close to camp that night because I role play that they sit vigil and get their warrior name the next day (I know in the books it's the other way around but it is easier to keep track of that way :))

• Like 2

Within the third generation of my clan, my leader has already been accused of breaking the warrior code. He was on the stump howling, then he decided to attack the female rogue that appeared the next day for no good reason. Luckily she was healed and fell in love with someone else, and the deputy is berating the leader. I exited the game on a cliffhanger.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

I'm glad you all are liking it! Would any of you be interested if I made an ongoing story with this challenge as it progresses?

Yeah, I am curious if you'll add rules. Sometimes I do in certain maps, the last had a "Guardian" for two healing fruits aside from the normal healer and apprentice. Bearyenas, rogue males and thieving wanderers spawned left and right around that tree. 

The tree was also very close to the nursery. A guardian, sometimes a warrior grave digger, and elders that swipe at everything from the left. 

Healers that rush to creatures after every fight and fish by the moonpool. Layout can be important. You may need more key-figures.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, medicine cat said:

I'm glad you all are liking it! Would any of you be interested if I made an ongoing story with this challenge as it progresses?

Oh yeah, do that. I would be curious to see where it goes :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, medicine cat said:

okay!!! i’ll try to start on it tonight. any requests as to how much i update it? (every 10 days, 7 days, 15 days...)(in game time, that is!)

I would guess the larger the clan, the more time would have to pass in between. Events aren't as predictable and may or may not follow the timeline.

I am sure that you'll likely find what feels right as you go along, though. 

14 hours ago, medicine cat said:

okay!!! i’ll try to start on it tonight. any requests as to how much i update it? (every 10 days, 7 days, 15 days...)(in game time, that is!)

Just update when you feel a story needs to be told. If that is every 100 days then that's it :)

• Like 1

I'm starting to do this with my Warrior Cats tribe I already have. Here's what I've got so far (there's not many cats b/c they just traveled to a new island):

Juniperwillow~ This cat wants to have litters with multiple different cats.~ This cat wants to Become the leader of their respective Clan. This could be good or bad- do you want them to have honorable intentions, or to be power hungry.~ This cat wants to kill another cat.

Shadowrose~ This cat wants to Find a mate for life. How romantic.~ This cat wants to Be best friends with one other unrelated cat.~ This cat wants to Master the fighting, hunting and fishing skills. They may be a bit of an over-achiever, huh?

Berrypelt~This cat wants to Become the medicine cat of their respective Clan. Perhaps they want to care for others or to have connections with Starclan.~This cat wants to Kill a cat.~This cat wants to Be best friends with one other unrelated cat.

Duckstar~This cat wants to Kill a cat.~This cat wants to be enemies with multiple cats.~ This cat wants to Leave their Clan to become a loner.

Nightfeather~ This cat wants to Find a mate for life. How romantic.~This cat wants to have many close friends.~This cat wants to Become an elder.

Bluemist~This cat wants to Convince an outsider to join your Clan.~This cat wants to Master the fishing skill. It's a hard task to master!~ This cat wants to Become the leader of their respective Clan. This could be good or bad- do you want them to have honorable intentions, or to be power hungry?

Dustrabbit~ This cat wants to Be mates with multiple different cats. Alright..?~This cat wants to Have a litter of kittens. A happy family!~This cat wants to Become the mate of an important cat. Gold digger much?

Snowtail~This cat wants to Find a mate for life. How romantic.~ This cat wants to Become the medicine cat of their respective Clan. Perhaps they want to care for others or to have connections with starclan.~This cat wants to Master the hunting skill. They seem like providers, perhaps?

Shadebranch~This cat wants to Be mates with multiple different cats. Alright..?~This cat wants to Convince multiple outsiders to join their Clan.~This cat wants to have litters with multiple different cats.

Nutlily~ This cat wants to Be mates with multiple different cats. Alright..?~This cat wants to Master the fighting, hunting and fishing skills. They may be a bit of an over-achiever, huh?~ This cat wants to See their kits have kits.

sNow I think I'm just going to do 2 aspirations per a cat, but it is fun to do all of this! :D

• Like 6

I had already quite some stories with this challenge. It can get a little bit hectic with appointing all the aspirations at the right time so I changed it to one aspiration at birth and two when they become warrior.

I am also planning on configuring some of the aspirations, maybe add some here and there. I can post them here if anybody is interested.

The story I had was pretty intense. I invited a wanderer called Rere which then got the aspiration to basically leave the clan and live as a wanderer again. I thought 'man that sucks' and started thinking about how I would pull that of story wise and then stuff happened. Another wanderer showed up and the generators said my clan fights her. Rere witnesses that, freaks out and leaves (which leaves Berrystrike the one who invited and cared for her heartbroken). Rere then starts to steal food, which is not tolerated and is being attacked by the clan. She flees into the ocean, Thornhiss follows her (he has the aspiration to kill a cat), kills her in the ocean and returns, telling the others Rere drowned and that he tried to save her, being a well respected member of the clan (he also wants to be leader) they believe him and later he is actually made deputy by Berrystar.

Later the wanderer that was attacked shows up again and this time Berrystrike is Berrystar, invites her and takes her as his mate (his aspirations are master fighter, wants to win a fight and wants to win a fight which I interpreted as 'doesn't take no for an answer'). So Meko didn't really have much to say in the whole mate situation which wasn't to bad though as one of her aspirations was to find a mate for life. They had one son Blackkit, later named Blackberry who became medicine cat but broke the rules pretty dramaticly in having a mate (I had to do that because I had awful luck with the immunity genes and Blackberry was the only one with immunity D and the only one that could make a healthy pairing and I didn't want my clan to be all sick).

The cool thing is when I got another medicine cat, I wondered if she was going to be a rule breaker, I was planning not to but she got the aspiration to find a mate, which ties in really nicely with the story, that she learned it that way from her mentor Blackberry.

As you can see I am having a great time with the challenge :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PopsicleNinja said:

I'm interested in your version of aspirations. I have a suggestion for one, maybe the urge to kill a predator? Also, if I could turn rogue males off for this challenge, I would.

I'll add that into this and for the playthrough I'm doing of this ! :)

• Like 1

Okay here we go. Many of the aspirations are still the same but have a few personailties added to them so that there is a little bit more variation. I also added few at the end and more random rolls.

The other random rolls (apart from the already implemented rogue role):

Wounded (use this when one of your Nichelings/ Cats was wounded by a predator):

1. easy wound (warrior can be easily healed and continue on with his duties)

2. medium wound (needs one day of rest( literally not allowed to do anything but guard kits and hang around)

3. grave wound (early retirement)

4. dies of injuries (banish Nicheling/ drown them/ get rid of them somehow)

Sick child:

1. lives

2. lives but needs to rest often

3. lives close to the medicine cats, can't move far

4. dies

Fight with an enemy cat:

1. wins

2.looses

3. wins but wounded (roll wound)

4. looses and wounded (roll wound)

Aspirations:

1. wants to be leader/ ambitious (if for example first roll is med cat, you can have the aspiration be ambitious)

2. deputy/ helpful/ visionary

3. med cat

4. Master all skills/ wants to prove himself (works really well with rogue children)

5. Mast fighting skill/ short tempered/ argumentative/ angry

6. Master Hunter/ smart/ patient/

7. Master fisher/ opportunistic

8. mate of important cat/ arrogant/ vain

9. monogamy

10. polyamorous

11. one litter

12. multiple litters with 1 cat

13. polyamorous + kits

14. mentor multiple times

15. mentor

16. wins territory from enemy/ ambitious/ argumentative/ fierce/ wild

17. attack enemy clan in own camp/ attack predator alone/ foolish/ blinded by rage

18. part time rogue/ urge to explore

19. convince multiple outsiders to join/ charming/ friendly

20. one outsider join/ open/ friendly

21. many close friends/ teamwork/ easy to be around/ sunshine

22. best friend with 1 other/ shy/ introverted

23. enemies with multiple cats/ hostile/ grumpy

24. one enemy/ strong will/ free spirited

25. hunting in enemy territory/ adrenaline junky

26. mate from enemy clan

27. best friend in enemy clan

28. growing old/ not very ambitious/ catious

29. grandparent/ likes to keep family close/ wants to see family/ clan grow

30. leave clan

31. kill a cat

32. kill multiple cats

33. easily distracted

34. rule breaker/ free spirit

35. determined

36. stubborn/ strong willed

37. curious/ nosy/ always wants to know what's going on

38. optimistic

39. pessimistic

40. joker/ always happy to joke around

If you don't understand some of them feel free to ask, I shortened them quite abit :)

• Like 4

Just now, medicine cat said:

@Jojo thank you! I will be implementing these as well. Do you mind if i add them to the introductory post? I will give you credit!! :3

Sure go right ahead! I love that this is somewhat of a community project now ❤️ . Your base idea was really great :D

• Like 2

@Jojo

I rarely give warriors 3 aspirations. Even then, Starclan wants to mess with people, introducing the medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat. 

Though it is easier to reinterpret their goals sometimes. Checking for couples first, then making someone outside of one a medicine cat. It bends the rules somewhat, but might be better than medicine cats breaking the code too often. 

A healer might reject an apprentice, as they received no sign from starclan, story-wise, or the cat might just feel very close to their ancestors. Maybe even receive visions of the future.

That's what I am going with, at least. Can't have 3-4 healers at all times due to an evil, evil generator.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

@Jojo

I rarely give warriors 3 aspirations. Even then, Starclan wants to mess with people, introducing the medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat that wants to be medicine cat. 

Though it is easier to reinterpret their goals sometimes. Checking for couples first, then making someone outside of one a medicine cat. It bends the rules somewhat, but might be better than medicine cats breaking the code too often. 

A healer might reject an apprentice, as they received no sign from starclan, story-wise, or the cat might just feel very close to their ancestors. Maybe even receive visions of the future.

That's what I am going with, at least. Can't have 3-4 healers at all times due to an evil, evil generator.

Yeah, I had some strange double ups as well , though I usually figure out how to make it work, especially with my modified ones or I just roll again if it gets to weird. I actually didn't have the problem with the med cats (apart from the rule breaking which I totally don't mind because I think the rule that med cats are not allowed to have children is stupid anyway ^^)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, medicine cat said:

Whenever I have double-ups, I usually just make it like the warrior REALLY wants to do that/be like that, but I'd say if you have doubled aspirations and don't want them then it's fine to just roll again 😄

It was kind of funny, though.  

His mentor thought him unfit and was waiting for a clear sign from starclan, sabotaging him at every turn, just to be stuck with one hated, very excited Moonpaw, oblivious to it all. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Yeah, I had some strange double ups as well , though I usually figure out how to make it work, especially with my modified ones or I just roll again if it gets to weird. I actually didn't have the problem with the med cats (apart from the rule breaking which I totally don't mind because I think the rule that med cats are not allowed to have children is stupid anyway ^^)

I have two clans by now, one by the lake, the other in a hunting ground.

While medicine cats need to receive a sign fron starclan by the lake, it is a passed down rank in the other. From the first apprentice to the last, they proudly fellow the line of the cats before them to settle on this island. 

Female leaders regularly have children in Lakeclan, while this wouldn't just be frowned upon in the latter, but result in banishment.

They both think their traditions are better than the other's, but they're actually equally bigoted. Needless rules do make for story telling :P.

imagine the lack of drama without either in the books...

• Like 1

I decided to just make a new file to play this challenge on, and it's really fun so far! Here's my list for the challenge: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D7SWQ3L9FvRh1vWJwflaydAGLRjPyiEUkj8h4CpvskY/edit?usp=sharing

This challenge is really fun to use with this website called Family Echo. It's intended for people to use to make their family tree, but it's fun to use with games, too! Here's my DuskClan family tree: http://www.familyecho.com/?p=ERBQV&c=8g9nkkb647&f=635598599599839584

You can use Family Echo to not only record how your creatures are related (in a more extended way than the in-game tree), but also record their aspirations, mentors, mates, and more! (Not sponsored by Family Echo lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I decided to just make a new file to play this challenge on, and it's really fun so far! Here's my list for the challenge: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D7SWQ3L9FvRh1vWJwflaydAGLRjPyiEUkj8h4CpvskY/edit?usp=sharing

This challenge is really fun to use with this website called Family Echo. It's intended for people to use to make their family tree, but it's fun to use with games, too! Here's my DuskClan family tree: http://www.familyecho.com/?p=ERBQV&c=8g9nkkb647&f=635598599599839584

You can use Family Echo to not only record how your creatures are related (in a more extended way than the in-game tree), but also record their aspirations, mentors, mates, and more! (Not sponsored by Family Echo lol)

I love family echo, though often I find it difficult to use with Niche as either I have to much incest for the programming to handle and or at one point my family trees get so extensive and weird that you don't know what is going on anymore ^^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1