Stray Fawn Community

Missing Apes?

allytoNobody

EDIT: I finally found a smelling ape in a pre-existing save file, so it must have just been really weird luck?

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone else was noticing an unusual lack of apes. I have started three sandbox save files in jungle biomes (overgrown jungle, jungle gate, even the killer jungle island) and have been unable to find any apes.

I've been stepping on twigs and collecting stinky fruits without cleaning the stench off my creatures and everything. I'm not even hearing the sound the game usually makes when there are apes in the world/nearby.

Apes used to show up all of the time, and now I can't find one when I'm looking. Anyone else notice this, or am I just having some weird luck?

Sorry if this is a known thing or has been brought up before, I searched a couple of pages back and didn't see anything!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allytoNobody said:

It could have been that. I tried starting on multiple jungle islands, so it seems weird that all of those starting creatures were just that stealthy xD

Ah well, seems fine on my main save where my creatures are free to be eaten by two big-nosed apes!

This happened to a few people, myself as well. At this point, they can be heard but never appear.

The only ape that ever found a tribe meant to lure them had wandered into the grassland part of the half-jungle island. It's very weird, but no solutions this far.

• Thanks 1