Stray Fawn Community

Lol, now that I am a mod...

jbox1

Now that I am a mod, I want to see some action XD

Mabey the fact there are two extra mods on the team, it scared off any would-be rule breakers. Mabey if the devs gave a bunch of people the “moderator” tag, but not moderation powers, you would scare away all the trolls, without ever having to actually resort to using force?

Either way, all’s good. Hope everyone is having a fine day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Are you guys getting cocky already?! :PYou are lucky that you weren't a mod right after the Nimbatus Launch. I had so much stuff to look through every day and now you want trouble ^^

• Haha 1

Don't look at me, Jbox is the troublemaker.

All seriousness though, modding and alpha/beta forums tend to be administration, organization, and keeping out spam.  It's when a forum gets big or is focused on something contentious (like where opposing teams talk trash) that the personality issues like you come out. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lurkily said:

All seriousness though, modding and alpha/beta forums tend to be administration, organization, and keeping out spam.  It's when a forum gets big or is focused on something contentious (like where opposing teams talk trash) that the personality issues like you come out. 

Yeah, as a mod it is sometimes better just not to have an opinion and keep the sides from being to rude. Though the Stray Fawn studio so far has been mostly really nice

• Haha 1

I think having an opinion is fine, as long as you can act objectively.  The trick is recognizing when you're having trouble being objective. 

I always told people on the Mod team not to hesitate to ask another Mod to take over, if they feel they're too involved in or upset by a situation. It's not a failing if a mod recognizes they aren't the right person for a situation.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lurkily said:

I think having an opinion is fine, as long as you can act objectively.  The trick is recognizing when you're having trouble being objective. 

I always told people on the Mod team not to hesitate to ask another Mod to take over, if they feel they're too involved in or upset by a situation. It's not a failing if a mod recognizes they aren't the right person for a situation.  

Very wise :)

• 3 years later...
On 10/23/2018 at 5:32 AM, Lurkily said:

Wow. This person predicted the future.  : O

• 6 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, A Nicheling said:

Wow, I never knew this mod existed

i keep forgetting youre a mod omg

(also wow the bottom of off-topic)