Stray Fawn Community

My kitty is going back to the shelter.

Lurkily

Lisa is her name - nobody knows where she got it.  I've had her a month, and she still seems stressed. She scratches too much, probably from stress, so there are scabby spots around her neck and elbows.  She doesn't come out of hiding, even though she seems fine with being pet.  And she's beginning to go to the bathroom in inappropriate places, even though she's been using litter properly for weeks. She doesn't seem to be getting less upset. 

I think my home isn't compatible with what she needs, whatever that is.  The shelter is a no kill shelter, so she's safe from harm at least.  But I spoke with the shelter personnel, and they thank me for trying, but also think it would be best if she came back. 

Thanks for reading. 

• Sad 3

I will bring someone else home.  I've lost pets before, and I know how it helps to have company.  I tried to rescue someone,  and it didn't work out.  I think now I'm just ready for a friend. 

• Like 1

The place I went takes in cats at risk in shelters, and gets any veterinary work done (dental,  etc) so they're more adoption- ready. I'm pretty sure they're mostly volunteers, and they all have day jobs. They're pretty extraordinary people, and kept in touch by email to check up on her.

She's had a rough time of it. Her records indicate broken and cracked teeth, and that doesn't happen without some kind of trauma.  

• Like 1