Stray Fawn Community

Large Shield

Enderstorm3950

11 replies to this post

Honestly, I think shields are approaching a pretty good balance.  I think any further refinements should go into the current shield block.  The only additional thing I want from them is a blast shield; a shield that blocks AOE damage, but doesn't stop projectiles.  

I like the idea of a larger shield. Either a larger radius, and/or more health, but proportionally higher energy use age. Radius might be slightly harder to balance, seeing as you could theoretically have all of your shields In he middle of your drone and not have to spread them throughout.

37 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

I like the idea of a larger shield. Either a larger radius, and/or more health, but proportionally higher energy use age. Radius might be slightly harder to balance, seeing as you could theoretically have all of your shields In he middle of your drone and not have to spread them throughout.

You'd be super vulnerable to AoE; my main objection is just not seeing the need.  Go too big, and you're less protected, not more. I'm not really opposed heavily, but I don't think I'd use them much,  either. 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, Lurkily said:

You'd be super vulnerable to AoE; my main objection is just not seeing the need.  Go too big, and you're less protected, not more. I'm not really opposed heavily, but I don't think I'd use them much,  either. 

Who says larger shields have less protection not more?

Personally Id like a shield upgrade to increase the strength of a shield. Similar to what we have for guns. Shields could use less energy, stronger protection, have bigger areas, recharge faster, etc. 

3 hours ago, unmog said:

Who says larger shields have less protection not more?

An enemy inside the border of your shield can shoot you.  Make your shield too big, and their default attack range will make your shield useless once they close.

Unless this changed at some point.  EDIT: This did change, but I'd swear it used to be the case.  Oh well.