Stray Fawn Community

Scroll detection

Epb7304

I know that this would be difficult if not impossible to code, but if we could make it so that you could detect the scroll wheel and use it as a button that would open up millions of possibilities like scrolling through crafts. And while were at it, also make it so that you can scroll through the tag feature list

8 replies to this post

I'm not entirely sure what you mean - its use in logic wouldn't let you scroll through inputs.  It's really just another mouse button, when it comes to input and output detection, even if it's physically actuated a bit differently.

I fully agree with being able to scroll through tag lists, though.  That would be really great.

he wants to be able to bind wheel up/down to stuff so you can have some kind of mutex logic cycle through options (for things like activating a specific factory in an array of them using the same spawn space)

I like the idea if it weren't for the fact that they just made camera zoom be controlled by mousewheel so that'd be weird.

8 minutes ago, Entity said:

he wants to be able to bind wheel up/down to stuff so you can have some kind of mutex logic cycle through options (for things like activating a specific factory in an array of them using the same spawn space)

I like the idea if it weren't for the fact that they just made camera zoom be controlled by mousewheel so that'd be weird.

I don’t belive you can scroll in worlds

On 10/25/2018 at 9:58 PM, Entity said:

Well... why cant we rebind our controls? Then couldnt be an issue, and would let us still control the zoom. Im kinda new to the game myself, but I thought it was odd we didnt have options to change some of the controls for putting together drones. Its nice they tell you which it is or not but I would have liked to use my mouse wheel for rotating parts and a couple different inputs for things in game. If we could change our camera controls and the camera zoom saved then it wouldnt be weird at all.

I think keybinds is a suggestion on the list somewhere that you can vote up, somewhere.  Do go through past comments; ignore what's checked-off, but anything you like please do vote on.  A lot of good ideas you'd probably like to see are here, and feedback on them is exactly why the forum's here.