Stray Fawn Community

WC Challenge playthrough: Cedarclan

medicine cat

Hey guys ! People seemed pretty interested in my Warriorcats Challenge, so I thought I'd do one here as an example and give folks updates as the clan progresses. I'm planning for this is to be a pretty simple run-through, but at the same time enjoyable to read about.
Since I have trouble making decisions (and have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder fhskadjfh), I will allow most decisions (such as gene-ing, warrior ambitions, naming warriors) to be made by my various random generators, but much of the story will be still written by me! I also must admit that I am not a strategic player and prefer to leave things to chance, no matter the consequence. Even so, I'll let you guys be my Starclan and help me make decisions! Please feel free to comment or give feedback/suggestions as to what you want the clan to do next!

Without further ado, let's begin.
I randomly selected the clan name from a list of name ideas, and I got Cedarclan.
I will be starting the game through story mode.

I made Adam's name Cedarstar. Cedarstar aims to be a social butterfly, using his charm and wit to convince others to join his clan. He plans to have multiple mates and train many noble apprentices, not to mention rope in some outsiders into his clan.

After some struggling to the next island, Cedarstar came across a beautiful female by the name of Eve- er, Aspenperch. Aspenperch is a hot-blooded warrior quick to start a fight. She craves adventure and part of her wants to be a rogue. Even so, she was charmed by Cedarstar and joined him. Cedarstar declared Aspenperch his deputy.

Here's our couple in all of their glory.

1301184164_ScreenShot2018-10-26at3_55_17PM.png.61459bdf6899e24d40436892646a5bc6.png

Finally, after some courting, they both decide that the best way to start off their new clan is with a kit. Since you usually don't find kits just lying around in the middle of nowhere, they had their own, and her name was Littleshell (because I can't keep track of apprentice and kit names.)

1714951338_ScreenShot2018-10-26at4_01_03PM.png.137b3a869bc7d1418b719ee58c7e4d82.png

As happy of a moment this was, Cedarstar couldn't help but worry. Littleshell was healthy, but how would she survive the harsh world of the clans? Find out next time in... Cedarclan!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

By the way, here is a Warrior Cat Name Generator I made a while ago (if you have any good suggestions for it, please feel free to suggest them), if you want to use it.: http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=19054

oh, thank you! i can send you the list of words i'm using, if you want to add them. i went through the wiki and added all prefixes and suffixes (though, they are not organized into such). i have almost 400 terms. owo

(also, i'm about to continue the story, so be prepared for an update y'all)

• Like 2

Today in Cedarclan: 

Littleshell is now a young warrior, and with a personality too. She has many conflicting ideas of what she wants in life, but she has plenty of time to decide, right?

Anyways, the clan has moved to a new island. Cedarstar is getting older, and, he has another kit with Aspenperch (though she refuses to admit she's taken quite the liking to Cedarstar...)

They have a son by the name of Pebbleleaf. Pebbleleaf has a strong desire to be unique and a leader. 

1661371972_ScreenShot2018-10-27at10_31_06AM.png.d978823cd67f5b77474a3ab5e9d2b0d2.png

Anyways, Cedarstar dies, and Aspenperch becomes leader. She declares Littleshell her deputy, much to the disappointment and envy of Pebbleleaf. It isn't long until Littleshell becomes leader, for Aspenperch was old as well. Littlestar is happy to declare Pebbleleaf her deputy, but reminds him that the clan priority right now was to recruit outsiders so they could have offspring and carry on clan legacy.

Pebbleleaf is on patrol one day when he encounters Yellowfoot. Yellowfoot, upon discovering that their clan is near empty and that it is led by a female, is quite interested in joining the clan. Putting his best paw forward, Yellowfoot attempts to charm Littlestar. Littlestar isn't impressed by his display, and something in her intuition (aka both of them having the G immunity gene) is telling her not to trust him. She declines his advances. Yellowfoot is angry at missing his chance of being the mate of a clan leader, but Pebbleleaf is clearly stronger than he and is more than willing to protect the clan's current status, so he can't lash out or try to become leader.

Here's the three of them:
382211678_ScreenShot2018-10-27at10_41_56AM.png.1b5a82610cd58b309d0682b11142e4b0.png

Littlestar dies, and now Pebblestar is forced to make Yellowfoot deputy to follow the warrior code, as much as he dislikes him.

On patrol one day, Pebblestar finds a young she-cat. Her name is Lakeprickle. Though sassy and a bit of a trickster, she has honor, and takes quite the liking to Pebblestar.

1814444467_ScreenShot2018-10-27at10_51_55AM.png.9d083a19aed8a459d00788eec89bc262.png

Pebblestar and Lakeprickle become mates and have a kit. After a try or two, they have Littlewatcher, named for her likeness to Pebblestar's late sister. Upon Yellowfoot's death, Pebblestar declares Lakeprickle deputy. All seems well, and the clan seems to be settling in on the island. But with predators prowling all around, you can never be too sure.

876709416_ScreenShot2018-10-27at10_59_29AM.png.e18f2af3ffb98760f26d2852998135e0.png

• Like 3

Might as well do more- I have time!

Pebblestar has died, which leaves Lakeprickle, now Lakestar, a long time to be a leader with Littlewatcher, who is barely an apprentice. Despite the warrior code, Lakestar can't think that making an apprentice her deputy would be fitting, so she searches for a loner who is willing to take up the job. She searches with no success, and can't help but declare Littlewatcher her deputy upon her adulthood. But watch out; this makes Littlewatcher a bit cocky...

On patrol, Littlewatcher finds a huge, strong male warrior named Lightsand. Lightsand has a strong sense of right and wrong and firmly believes that he is a fitting warrior to be a leader. This causes him to resent Littlewatcher slightly because she is next in line, much to her disappointment. Instead of mating with her, he has a kit with Lakestar. Though her loyalty lies with Pebblestar, her late mate, she sees no reason why she cannot forward the clan genetically, especially with such a strong, healthy warrior.  They have Wildstorm. Here are father and son:
1633291860_ScreenShot2018-10-27at11_40_27AM.png.2fb345bcf048ddc5982fbe5f758a0aa5.png

Lakestar dies and Littlewatcher becomes the new clan leader, AKA Littlestar II (which sounds a little pretentious). She declares Lightsand deputy.

As he grows, Wildstorm feels like his name doesn't fit him. In fact, he feels like Starclan is calling him to be a medicine cat! He goes to talk to Littlestar about this, and she encourages him and tries to help him any way she can to achieve his dreams. Lightsand isn't impressed by this and gets angry at his son for not being a warrior like his father, but Wildstorm is resolute, and with Starclan behind Littlestar II, he can't do much to protest. Wildstorm is renamed Mildrain.
On patrol, he encounters Conejaw, an ambitious, strong she-cat. Attracted to her strong nature, Lightsand tries to woo her to no avail.

104592042_ScreenShot2018-10-27at11_52_23AM.png.87f9548e7fcdc9a6ba065334f487c26f.png

Littlestar II is approached by Mildrain, and he tells her that he feels like Starclan has ordered the clan to migrate. The clan moves to a new island. Noticably larger than the last, it gives the clan both a feeling of rapture and anxiety in their chest as they look upon it.

1823760293_ScreenShot2018-10-27at11_57_29AM.png.b6a4883055dcd3ae2a9cf4f318b0e00d.png

• Like 3

Okay, one more.
The clan is settling in on the new island nicely. Littlestar II dies peacefully, and Lightsand a day after. Conejaw is crowned leader. She offers Mildrain a position as deputy, and he declines. Therefore, the two of them search the wild for a fitting deputy, much like Mildrain's mother did all those moons ago.
Thank Starclan, Mildrain finds a young apprentice one rainy day. Her name is Cryleg. Seemingly an eternal teenager, Cryleg had a touch of mischief in her eye and a spring in her step.
206874015_ScreenShot2018-10-27at12_20_03PM.png.4230b07e9648cf16dc2905993e476b06.png

As she grows into an adult, Cryleg is interested in romance- specifically one with Mildrain, much to his confusion. Conestar hears of this from Cryleg, and encourages Mildrain to court with her, since they could expand the clan that way. She says that medicine cats don't necessarily need to not have a family, and gave him permission if he was so inclined to be attracted to her. Reluctantly, he decides that such a union would be good for the clan and he agrees. Before her death, Conestar makes Cryleg deputy, and Cryleg convinces Mildrain to have a kit with her as she is renamed Crystar. Their kit is named Sleekbuck, and becomes a nosy, optimistic overachiever. Upon patrolling the border one day, Crystar finds a young apprentice-sized she-cat- one that reminds her of herself at that age. Being moved by seeing such a young apprentice in such a similar situation, she takes her in and raises her alongside Sleekbuck. She is named Gravelsnout. Gravelsnout and Sleekbuck become like brother and sister:
1979024258_ScreenShot2018-10-27at12_33_23PM.png.bd23d6eff6d009e846cfeb497de94f65.png

Crystar makes Gravelsnout deputy, and Mildrain dies of old age. Sleekbuck is more upset over not being deputy than the death of his own father, which Crystar points out is a clear sign that he isn't ready to be leader anyways. Sleekbuck cares too much about Gravelsnout to take it out on her, however, and prefers to just sulk a little ways away from his mother. He is approached by Dandelion, an opportunistic rogue female interested in joining a clan. He allows her into the clan, and they seem to be getting close. Could Sleekbuck have found a mate? Find out in... Cedarclan!

988143197_ScreenShot2018-10-27at12_43_48PM.png.21358fb2070a662200d1e7ec85cd9586.png

• Like 5

15 hours ago, medicine cat said:

i’m acting in a play tonight so i probably won’t update until tomorrow, but while you all wait i drew Mildrain because he’s a favorite of mine. tell me abt any other nichelings you could want drawn?

7415FA10-487D-4BC3-A35D-1BD6B0C5E1F7.thumb.jpeg.8b40fc0055e83e74c4cf7ae75ee95ceb.jpeg

You mean from your story? Or our own nichelings?

Mildrain was my faw from this story too. You're good at drawning nichelings!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

You mean from your story? Or our own nichelings?

Mildrain was my faw from this story too. You're good at drawning nichelings!

either !!! i'm happy to draw nichelings of any sort.
and thank you so much !!! i'll be updating the story again on and off today so keep your eyes peeled ❤️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

either !!! i'm happy to draw nichelings of any sort.
and thank you so much !!! i'll be updating the story again on and off today so keep your eyes peeled ❤️

Can't wait for the story to continue! Could you maybe draw my beloved Ossen?

image.png.e8a0bb9892e27281634fa90f7dde06ba.png

2 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

sure! anything specific you’d like me to have him doing? 

Thank you!

Hmm... He didn't really do anything special, he had lots of children and loved his mate, now everyone with his coloring is named after him. Maybe have him searching the grass moments before he finds Rare?

• Like 1

Today in Cedarclan....

Dandelion and Sleekbuck have become mates and had a kit. His name is Cloudhaze, and he has grown into a skilled hunter with aspirations for leadership. Sleekbuck is sure to encourage him, and his white fur is a sight to see in the clan.

1379816900_ScreenShot2018-10-28at5_41_48PM.png.f4c9ea94b3406e671141d3b82b2f568e.png

Crystar dies, and Gravelstar takes the throne behind her. She names Sleekbuck deputy- a role he graciously accepts and has  been waiting his whole life for. There isn't much time for him to celebrate, however, for a large predator enters the clan. Dandelion is killed in the battle, and Gravelstar dies soon after the battle. Sleekbuck spends his last few moons as Sleekstar. While patrolling, he finds a sickly young warrior by the name of Stemthunder. Too wrought with stress to fight her off and taking pity on her illness, he welcomes her into the clan. Though very sickly and near disabled, she is full of fire and wants nothing more than to prove herself as strong as anyone else, wether it be emotionally or physically. Cloudhaze finds himself attracted to her, and the two of them mate.

Cloudhaze takes over the clan upon the death of Sleekstar, and soon enough, his and Stemthunder's kit is born. He's a sensitive kit, but he's a skilled fisher and is an opportunist. Stemthunder requests that he is made deputy when he comes of age instead, since Cloudhaze will most likely outlive her. He is called Greycherry.

656651086_ScreenShot2018-10-28at5_40_17PM.png.ada6b10d9146111948f6e24a7fa2f5f5.png

Soon after her death, a new she-cat approaches clan territory and assimilates into the clan. Though beautiful, she is blind, and a bit deceptive. She is called Silktail. Since she knows that Greycherry is next in line for leader and is now her age, she begins courting him from the start. Upon Cloudstar's death, she convinces Greystar to have a kit with her, which they name Flintspark.

816083905_ScreenShot2018-10-28at5_55_56PM.png.3ebce224c56b1b541dd8ec19672a2432.png

Flintspark is a nosy little hunter. She finds herself talking to a young apprentice-age she-cat one day, and when Greystar stumbles upon the two of them talking, he finds that the young apprentice is sickly. Reminded of his mother in both her condition and her personality, he takes her in and allows her to join the clan. But with Silktail dead and little food, he has his paws full. How will he make it?

1291214921_ScreenShot2018-10-28at6_05_08PM.png.c0fafc3b040a152794746b2eb09e7093.png

• Like 3

...Well, he DIDN'T make it. but the two girls did! Flintstar took his place, and now she and Legtumble, the rescued apprentice, have an objective: Find some males for the clan, of course! Before any males could be found, though, they were confronted by Mudchive, a gregarious rogue female with impressive strength and a social spirit. She's happy to join them and insists that she can help them find a mate.

2147091027_ScreenShot2018-10-28at6_13_42PM.png.f3296383efb82552d82bc8b1500fc8ef.png

Unforunately, they don't find a mate before everyone dies, and Cedarclan ends here. In total, we had approx. 150 days time and with us now are approximately over 20 souls in StarClan. I had a lot of fun doing this, and I hope to do this again soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Jojo said:

Questions: What random generator are you using for the names, because they sound awesome! And why only have so few kits whenever someone mated? :D

1. I went on the wiki and gathered every single prefix and suffix used in warrior names, resulting in 391 total. I use a generator from 1-391 twice to mash together a name!
2. I like to only have kits once the previous offspring is fully grown, but the next run I'm going to adjust so they can go ahead as soon as their kits become apprentices. I was also afraid that with too many offspring it would lower the quality of character development, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Speaking of, I'm going to post a new topic for a new clan today, this time starting with a couple in Tiny Green. I can't help but keep with this challenge, especially with how everyone is liking the story as much as I am. It makes me smile to see others enjoy it too.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, medicine cat said:

1. I went on the wiki and gathered every single prefix and suffix used in warrior names, resulting in 391 total. I use a generator from 1-391 twice to mash together a name!
2. I like to only have kits once the previous offspring is fully grown, but the next run I'm going to adjust so they can go ahead as soon as their kits become apprentices. I was also afraid that with too many offspring it would lower the quality of character development, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Speaking of, I'm going to post a new topic for a new clan today, this time starting with a couple in Tiny Green. I can't help but keep with this challenge, especially with how everyone is liking the story as much as I am. It makes me smile to see others enjoy it too.

Could you share the name document? :D

6 hours ago, medicine cat said:

sure! i’m in school but this afternoon i can if you remind me!!

Feel hereby reminded XD (No stress you can upload it in the next couple of days or so :D )