Stray Fawn Community

Drone builder quick-replacement

Alusares

I sometimes run into situations where I want to simply change one block to something else, but it's so interwoven into the structure or has so many other connections that this can be quite time consuming or daunting. Currently when you click on a block in the bottom menu, that block is attached to your mouse. I think it might work out like this:

When you have a block selected (highlighted green) and you click on a block from the bottom menu, that highlighted block should be replaced with whatever you click on, retaining all of the previous block's structural connections.

This might could make experimenting with different drone configurations more intuitive and fun

5 replies to this post

This type of feature has been suggested quite often. Other similar features include rotating a piece without rotating everything attached to it, and moving a piece without moving everything attached to it. Those 3 features are all things that I would like to see in Nimbatus.

If you mean like the ability to change a storage unit from red to blue without having to manually replace everything else attached to it, or one size block to a different block, or one booster to another... then OMG yes! That was actually going to be my next suggestion. <3