Stray Fawn Community

Help! With setting duration on buffers, impulsers...

Ookami-sama

Hello world!

Buffers among other components seem to accept only round values when using the keyboard (rudely ignoring any decimal entry), and their sensibility otherwise seems to be of half a second, no less. What baffles me is that all these settings are shown as boasting a precision of a hundredth of a second (1.00 s) but I cannot for the life of me figure how to make them accept e.g. 0.1s as a delay. Are there things I am missing that allow one to:

1) Enter a decimal value using the keyboard;

2) Enter a decimal value within the boundaries of the device (0 to 10s on buffers), but with a precision higher than 0.5s?

Thank you in advance, and have a nice day.

Using trigger impulse blocks for everything that requires precise timing really is not to my taste, not to mention I have to move the cursor with my mouse and it is pretty aggravating. Does nobody have an answer to even one of these questions?

Buffer gates on my computer do not accept commas ( « , » ) as input (nothing appears in the box when I press it). They do accept and display full stops ( « . » ) whether I use my regular keyboard or numeric pad, but pressing enter does not change the value.

When I select a buffer gate set up with e.g. 1.00s as duration, click the box marked « 1.00 », input any value with a full stop in it (e.g. « 1.5 », « 2.00 »), then press Enter (regular or numpad), or click away (inside the buffer info box, or outside it), it does not save my changes and stays at 1.00s. Exiting the building screen and coming back does not change this, so I suppose it is not simply that the visuals are not actualised.

The only difference in using numpad Enter is that it does not exit the input box, meaning that I can input another (rejected) combination without having to click the box once more.

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bits, system language is French, localisation is Japan (has no effect on anything beside installation programs that sometimes propose Japanese as default language, plus some games that require this localisation to function), keyboard is AZERTY. I am using the updated version of the game client through Steam. I have not cleaned up the LocalLow files I had from previous installation, but I fail to see anything relevant in there.

If you want to see it for yourself: I input a combination, then press Enter. Nothing happens.

Setting the whole Program Files\Steam folder to authorised as per my antivirus' rules did not change a thing (Comodo Antivirus 10 by the way). Changing to a QWERTY keyboard (software change through Alt + Shift, not hardware) achieved the same result, as did setting localisation to France. I will try wiping the folders clean and reinstalling it all after having saved my drones, because at this point I can only imagine it has to do with the former, pirate installation.

If that does not work... well. I will live with an extensive use of my mouse.

By the way, the question stays open: is it at all possible to have a buffer gate work for e.g. 1.3s rather than multiples of 0.5s? I would like to know if I am missing out on possibilities or only ease of use.

Nothing changed with reinstalling. I can live with amputated buffers, I suppose.

I bought from Humble if that is of any help (though I doubt it could be). Also, please do not concern yourself too much with this: some other gates work just fine and let me tune them down to the tenth of a second, which is wholly sufficient. With some luck, a later update might get rid of this problem without anyone having a clue as to how it could happen.

When technology becomes so complicated that one fails to distinguish it from a goddess' doing...

• Like 1

Mhh even stranger that it works on other parts, it uses the same logic. 
Does it work if you make a new drone with just a buffer gate?

It should not be a problem of where you got the steam key. If the game is installed it should behave the same as everybode elses.

I wonder if anything is held back when uninstalling, for instance to keep save games or preferences intact? 

Try renaming the whole directory and any file directories (Is there a directory in 'my documents' to keep savegames?) then ask steam to validate the game, which will prompt it to redownload missing files.

If it doesn't fix the problem, you can delete the old install, and rename the original folders to their correct names, keeping any data like savegames you might have risked losing.

Reinstall can only solve problems when the game was downloaded incompletely or if some files are corrupted.
Settings and savefiles are stored at AppData/LocalLow/Nimbatus and should not be touched by steam. (Except for cloud saves)

6 hours ago, Lurkily said:

I wonder if anything is held back when uninstalling, for instance to keep save games or preferences intact?

My uninstalling a program usually means saving important things on my desktop and hard-deleting any folder and file related to it. I very much dislike software that, when uninstalled, leaves AppData folders, files in My Documents, or even a few things in Program Files like it is not their job to clean up; not even accounting for the fact that some installers take said files on board to avoid overwriting anything that might be of interest and left from a previous use.

9 hours ago, Micha said:

Mhh even stranger that it works on other parts, it uses the same logic. 
Does it work if you make a new drone with just a buffer gate?

Creating a new drone with just a buffer gate is all I have been doing since the problem arose, every time I wanted to test it. It does not work, as you have witnessed.