Stray Fawn Community

[0.5.9] NOT gates on True at start

Ookami-sama

A TNT pack is set to explode on pressing R; a button continually presses E; a NOT gate is set with input E, output R, so it sends the R keypress when E is NOT active.

This means that the E key is always active from start, so the NOT gate is always inactive from start. Well, should be. As it happens, the TNT pack explodes right from the start anyway.

Nimbatus_GIF_201810281428034687.gif.218377cecf3f3ee1e57d5c6f17a4b2d1.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201810281433470664.gif.2496b1c53f15becc6b8663935fb5b9bf.gif

This happens whatever the order is of placing gates. It would seem as per this gif that buttons are initialised after logic gates, so the NOT gate is activated by default at the start. This is especially disturbing with TNT contraptions such as explosive armour (which will belong to an Emperor-class boss tank by the way), because everything goes off before I press a key.

Although a little unrelated, do notice also that buttons in gifs are grey after some time. Screenshots do not exhibit this behaviour.

It's not that the buttons are initialized after the logic gates, it's that the NOT gate has not had a chance to evaluate its input yet, so on the first state evaluation tick it is active, to disable on the next tick.

ย 

Initial state is hard.

ย 

On a related sidenote: The inconsistent behaviour between test flight and launch is still there, @Micha, I thought you were adding the initial logic gate delay to test flight too?

Now with button E; NOT E => R; button T; R AND T => Y; dynamite Y. First four frames, everything is on false; then suddenly, on the fifth frame both buttons and the NOT gate light up; sixth frame the NOT gate goes back to false, AND gate got its two entries last frame and lights up; seventh frame the TNT blows up diligently, in a flash of green-then-orange pretty colours.

Now to figure out a way around this...

Nimbatus_GIF_201810281512508474.gif.a42ec8997e66b6b77363139f3a123158.gif

I ran into this similar problem with order of inputs when testing Entitys infinite generator idea. In theory it should work if the order worked off what I assumed would be... instead I think I need to add even more logic to add a delay. :/