Stray Fawn Community

Living Monster Planet

Frazzle

Imagine a creature so big, so uncontainable and uncontrollable that it grew so large as to leave the planet it once was on in order to find more food/resources to sustain its hunger, floating through space from planet to planet devouring everything that bumped into it.

I think a planet designed to be one whole creature would look very interesting and would have some really cool elements to it, some dangers/problems you'd have to overcome could be:

1. Giant arms/tentacles on the surface  of the planet that try to grab you when you get close.

2. Impenetrable skin which couldn't be destroyed/mined through. 

3. A huge gaping mouth at one part of the planet which you'd need to go into In order to explore the inside if the beast. 

4. Giant evolved bacteria inside the planet which are basicaly working to digest food for the planet and try to destroy you.

5. A brain/heart at the center of the planet which would be the only way to kill the beast. 

An idea like this is probably too big a project at the moment for the people working to create nimbatus, but if they ever fully completed the game and had time to add more, or wanted to release DLC, then I think the idea would be more plausible. 

I'm not sure how the missions would work, maybe there could be a rescue mission, or just a mission to kill the plant from the inside, or even a mission to collect tissue samples, I honestly don't know. 

• Like 1

5 replies to this post

How about instead of impenetrable skin, it just regenerates? I'm thinking of some flesh terrain with a background component that's left behind when it's destroyed. Any still-existing flesh terrain will naturally spread to refill these areas.

I'm thinking that just that and maybe a few appropriate buildings/enemies and maybe an acidic core that acts suspiciously similar to lava cores might be enough to sell it as a planet-sized organism while keeping it at a level of programming difficulty closer to that of lava/ice planets.

Could have missions to kill the giant creature, exterminate parasites from it, or heal it by removing/destroying foreign objects and blasting areas that won't heal with bio ammunition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marker Mage said:

Could have missions to kill the giant creature, exterminate parasites from it, or heal it by removing/destroying foreign objects and blasting areas that won't heal with bio ammunition.

Absolutely in favor.