Stray Fawn Community

Remove Starter Text For Tags When Pressing Backspace

Ateready

This is as simple as it sounds. Adding tags is currently counter-intuitive as the backspace key needs to be held down for a second if one doesn't know that all you need to do is type. This may not sound bad, but making this text get removed the moment someone presses backspace would make it more like search bars and would simplify the game for new users. 

Edited by Ateready
I was wrong, and someone's feedback corrected me
  • Like 1

5 replies to this post

6 minutes ago, Ateready said:

This may not sound bad, but making this text get removed the moment someone starts typing like search bars do would streamline the game and encourage users to use tags.

Actually as soon as you type something the text DOES get removed, but I still dislike the text :p

Also for sake of saving time and improving convenience, I wish we could just open up our drone customization page without first having to go to a planet... unless theres a way to do it that I missed? Also would be nice to have more information about the planet when putting your mouse over it, and just click it to do the mission.

Okay thanks for responding! I didn't know you could remove it by just typing, but still, when you press backspace it should be removed. I'll make sure to edit my main post! 

Also, your idea is nice, but I suggest you create your own post, this is just about the tag starter text.

Honestly, I think backspace is fine - I would just like the text highlighted at the start, so that it's obvious that our typing will replace it.  And after I clear the selection by clicking the field or hitting an arrow key, to be able to backspace a few characters, and modify a tag without replacing it.

I would like to see being able to actually backspace a few character, then type in a suffix. As it is right now, when you start typing it clears the bar unless you were typing from scratch, even if visibly you had just deleted two characters. (It only does this when freshly editing a tag. What a pain.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notsew93 said:

I would like to see being able to actually backspace a few character, then type in a suffix. As it is right now, when you start typing it clears the bar unless you were typing from scratch, even if visibly you had just deleted two characters. (It only does this when freshly editing a tag. What a pain.)

Exactly. I was going to post that comment, but then I decided to actually read the other comments first.