Stray Fawn Community

Shield full/empty event

Entity

It would be nice to know when a shield is full or depleted, much like batteries/tanks.

Then you can make shield management logic, or do fancy stuff like moving your now exposed side out away from the pain etc

• Like 2

16 replies to this post

It at least would be nice in having when a shield goes down, to turn on a nearby shield to pick up the slack until it can turn back on. But we'd need a "Shield Up" event as well~ hmm, but I could see it being very useful in helping with their absurd energy requirements since they dont allย  have to be on at once all at the same time. *nodnod*

18 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

The shield is up when the shield button is pressed and the โ€œshield downโ€ is not true.

No I mean when the shield gets recharged and pops back up. You can make a logic to easily keep the shield up button without holding it yourself, and if it has taken enough damage the shield wont turn back on. Im speaking specifically of an event mirroring the "shield went down" suggestion to go along with "shield has recharged and went back up" event.

Either that or shields should be changed to not require much energy unless it's taking hits, and the more hits it takes the more energy it drains, and it doesnt go down until you run out of energy.

Initial visibility and time of posting along with a lot of chance circumstance contributes to whether a suggestion grabs alot of attention; unfortunately, such is the nature of social media. I'll merge it in later.ย 

1 minute ago, ManTheMister said:

If it was ages ago then it was probably before steam early access, when less people used the forums.

I didn't get the game until it got released on steam, so no that is not it :)

5 hours ago, Entity said:

really? I posted a more detailed feature request ages ago and this post somehow gets 7 votes?

ย 

Sorry Im new, but also active! I didnt see yours before, only read the newer posts on the forum, theres a lot of posts and cant be expected to read them all right? Or maybe Im lazy~

Entity, I merged yours into this topic to preserve the 7 votes.ย  Hence why the links to yours no longer work.ย  Your post - perhaps because it's the oldest? - replaced the topic here, though.ย  I'm not really entirely sure why - merging acts a little funny around here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unmog said:

Sorry Im new, but also active! I didnt see yours before, only read the newer posts on the forum, theres a lot of posts and cant be expected to read them all right? Or maybe Im lazy~

Heh don't worry man. I was just a bit surprised about the number of votes on this when I didn't even get a response on my thread :P