Stray Fawn Community

Hunter's paw ​🍗

Lilytuft

You were expecting something new and exiting? Sorry! This is just a simple suggestion to help rabbil hunting.

See? Nothing interesting here! But before you leave, take a look at Dukdukvan.

Dukdukvan.png.287693d9d993133a4b841b41705d5b16.png

Now stop looking at Dukdukvan. If you can. You can't. He hypnotizes you to upvote this suggestion. But I suggest you read it first.

Claw and runner leg are a common combination for hunters. This mix how ever, ofter results in double claws and double runnerlegs. I'm here to fix that.

Hunter's paw looks mostly like runner leg, but it has small claws.

It gives 1 speed and 1 attack.

hunter.png.c6b7efe97a67c408762cb9b756b49c5f.png

• Like 8
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

6 replies to this post

5 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

What you're suggesting is pretty much a wolf's paw, which has no adaptations for attack at all. Wolves are pursuit predators, and their paws are adapted for chasing prey down over long distances. The claws work sort of like studs on football boots, and are fairly useless when it comes to attack. Wolves have much less flexible paws than, say, a big cat like a lion or tiger, and can't use their claws to really hurt their prey. I made a comment on this post a while back on why a runner's paw with claws would't be all that different from a runner's paw without claws here:

the ancient suggestion I still want in the game has returned!

On 5/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

What you're suggesting is pretty much a wolf's paw, which has no adaptations for attack at all. Wolves are pursuit predators, and their paws are adapted for chasing prey down over long distances. The claws work sort of like studs on football boots, and are fairly useless when it comes to attack. Wolves have much less flexible paws than, say, a big cat like a lion or tiger, and can't use their claws to really hurt their prey. I made a comment on this post a while back on why a runner's paw with claws would't be all that different from a runner's paw without claws here

cats have retractable claws, I think that is what he/she means

• Confused 1

On 5/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

What you're suggesting is pretty much a wolf's paw, which has no adaptations for attack at all. Wolves are pursuit predators, and their paws are adapted for chasing prey down over long distances. The claws work sort of like studs on football boots, and are fairly useless when it comes to attack. Wolves have much less flexible paws than, say, a big cat like a lion or tiger, and can't use their claws to really hurt their prey. I made a comment on this post a while back on why a runner's paw with claws would't be all that different from a runner's paw without claws here:

I don't think this comparison is especially useful, considering that in the original post there was nothing specifically about wolves. A runner's paw with claws versus a runner's paw without claws WOULD be different in-game if they have different stats, regardless of how real-life animals like wolves may have adapted to use their claws. The claw paw we currently have is extremely robust, so I think having a paw with slightly more subtle claws, combining the abilities of a runner's leg and claw paw, would be pretty useful! Like @Zixvir commented, they could be styled like retractable claws, or like another animal with smaller claws that still uses them to attack or defend itself; they don't necessarily have to draw inspiration from wolf claws if that would be biologically incorrect. :) 

• Like 1

• Like 1