Stray Fawn Community

Permanent Nest Variations

Basil

So we already have our classic permanent nest, super cozy and inviting, right? But it doesn't really fit in say, the mountains. That lush green grass laced in with the nest doesn't look... natural. We can say the same for the nests in the Savannah, Swamps, and even Jungles (not being able to find the hay colored material there). I think this would be a nice little touch that would make the game a bit more realistic.

Mountain Permanent Nests: First Snow, Summer Mountains, Long Winter, Frost Lands.
These nests would be a dark grey in color with white bits and patches representing those nesting material plants that are scattered around the mountains. They would also not be nestled inside a hollowed out tree trunk, but instead a hollowed out worn down rock. They could also have small hints of green here and there to represent the grasses that could be collected on the edge of the mountain islands, but this probably wouldn't be likely since some mountain islands don't have that green grass on the edges. (Hard difficulty).

Grassland Permanent Nests: Tiny Green, Peaceful Meadow, Grass Adventure, Archipelago, First Snow [grass area], Grass Mingle, Summer Mountains [grass area], Crossing, Deadly Hills, Home Island, Whale Island.
These would stay the same as they are. They already fit perfectly on their islands, the colors corresponding perfectly with the grasses and plants.

Savannah Permanent Nests: Grass Adventure, Burning Savannah, Oasis, Grass Mingle.
These nests would be the same color as the brittle grass around them. They would look sort of like a manually built nest but would have smears of mud and sturdy roots and sticks wrapping around it to give it a more permanent touch and look. A small dip in the ground would keep these nests in place with the cool soil touching the nest to cool down any babies inside of them. You will usually find these nests under the shady trees but you can find them scattered all over the island.

Swamp Permanent Nests: Swampy Hill, Grass Adventure, Grass Mingle, Sleepy Reeds.
Swamp permanent nests would be built inside dried up mud puddles that bug swarms would generally spawn in (don't worry they wont ever spawn on permanent nests in the swamps since the puddles are dried up). They would be made out of the thick, dense reeds that are scattered around swamps along with some of that nesting material plant that you sometimes find around the swamp island. Around the nest would be a thick layer of protective thorns that discourages outsiders to approach willingly but encourages Nichelings to bear their children in those nests for protection.

Jungle Permanent Nests: Rainforest, Overgrown Jungle, Jungle Gate, Deep Jungle.
These nests would be the most colorful of them all. It would include all the different colors of grasses in the jungle, including blues, greens and yellows. Small hints of pink would be in the nest as well representing flower petals. The swirly grass of the jungle would stick out here and there on the nests, representing a slightly messy yet cozy build. Permanent nests would most likely be specifically found near the base of those giant jungle trees entangled within the roots of the tree but can also be found scattered around in other locations too. In the other locations, they are just built out of large roots found around the island that give it shape.

In conclusion, this would just be a nice little touch to the game that would make it a bit more realistic. Even though some people might not even notice the change, many people would, resulting in a more enjoyable experience with a realistic touch. (Don't get me wrong the game is super enjoyable just as it is but this would just add to the realistic factor)

Credits to XzanderClownfish for creating the original topic, I just wanted to elaborate more ^^

Thank you for reading! 

• Like 5

3 replies to this post

2 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I like the idea! I think it would go well with this one too:

Oooo didn't even see that suggestion! Maybe this could just be a more in detail description of what they'd look like. Lemme credit XzanderClownfish in my post.

• Like 1