Stray Fawn Community

unmogs suggestions and developer feedback

unmog

This is going to cover a wide array of things Ive experienced in the game. I hope whoever reads this understands the amount of time and effort I put into my thoughts before making this post, I'm quite OCD. That said while Im still new technically, Ive pretty much spent every hour of the last week playing and mostly tinkering with things. Im unsure if you unlock more things the more galaxies you go through but if I find anything new Ill add or amend things as I go. 

Weapon feedback

TNT= This should act more like the heaters and coolers. RL explosives dont need to be very big, which is why I believe this shouldnt need to be bigger than 1x1. On top of that, it should have a slider to customize how much damage it does and a slider to adjust the range, just like the heaters and coolers, tho it does seem on the low side of things. Id suggest increasing the max damage to something like 1-2k. The maximum range seems fine where it is, but it would be very nice if we could shrink it so we can use it easier if we only want to destroy certain things. There is a reason TNT is on the top of my feedback list, id have enjoyed using it more if it was easier to use  and more effective. Instead I get a thing as big as a rocket that can't even destroy a rocket. It needs a buff basically, but if you add in those options that the heaters and coolers have it could really shine.

Flamethrowers= Weaksauce... utter garbage. Maybe Im not understanding something but Id figure a flame thrower would be the best at applying status debuffs on an enemy, aka lighting them on fire or freezing them etc. Instead it takes much longer than anything else Ive experimented with. On top of that its damage is abysmal and the upgrades seem to be mostly trash. I figured it might shine if I added a combo of longer particle life time and sticky particles, in my head I figured it'd act as a damage over time to really increase its elemental effect, but nope. Maybe the upgrades are just broken, I've noticed some that seem to be... but in its current state I dont even see the point of it in the game.

Lasers= These show a lot of promise, tho the upgrade options are more limiting and not as good as other weapons. Surprisingly theyre pretty good at digging, as well as adding elemental procs to enemies so make good options for energy free utility weapons. But the range is abysmal for what I can assume to be no reason at all. Meaning if you want them to be worth a damn you're almost obligated to spend your limited upgrade options into range. I believe if the default range was increased maybe 50% or even double what it is that'd be fine as a "standard" range, to balance it you could say it does more damage the closer you are to an enemy or something. Other than that, many of the upgrades seem broken or meh. Split laser for instance, whats the point? Its so short you cant really hit anything with it unless theyre super close. The reflective one seems a bit better but in a random sort of way. Plus a lot of them dont work together. Say I wanted penetrating split or reflective lasers? Well too bad... why not? Then you have multiple lasers which make a default fan sort of shape, why not give us the ability to design our own designs? But with the fan design it makes it pretty much pointless outside of very specific situations, I like using it for digging for example and I throw on penetrating to debuff groups of enemies. The attracting laser and repelling laser seems interesting from a "what could I throw together" mentality but despite that sits about where Id put the fan lasers. To improve a lot of this I suggest just making it all work together whether it makes logical sense or not. And why does upgrade range over time come with a huge energy hit? Makes it worthless in the end compared to the default range upgrades. Again I highly recommend increasing the default range of the lasers so they're not terribad without the upgrades, upgrades should be optional not required.

Blasters= Pretty decent default weapon, tho kind of think it should cost 10 instead of 12 like the majority of other weapons and I dont see why the default accuracy has to be so bad. Tho for upgrades I found that extra projectiles was pretty much required for it to shine as a weapon. Surprisingly it does good damage, as well as good for elemental procs. After I got the accuracy upgrade for it I stopped using lasers because their terrible range when this thing basically behaved more like I wanted from the lasers. With a projectile count upgrade it behaves a lot like a shotgun too, tho fires faster. I just dislike that the minigun upgrades additively increases the energy consumption instead of multiplicatively unlike EVERYTHING else. This mean trying to use that along with an energy efficiency upgrade is made kind of moot, otherwise minigun would be worth it as a top tier upgrade. But instead it takes a back seat to the default projectile count upgrade :/

Shotguns= Seems to have potential, but weak compared to other options. With its short range and terrible accuracy/fire rate I ended up just using them as a cannon. Energy efficiency be damned since I'd only fire one at a time, I used 100% accuracy, more bullets and bullet force. Acted pretty good as a sort of inaccurate mortar blast. Again like my other complaints tho, there didnt seem to be many effective combinations.

Rockets= Now we're talking, I really enjoyed these. In fact Im not sure why they're only 10 energy compared to the 12 the bullets use >.> But the favorite weapon in the game now is by far my MIRV missiles, with +3 remote guided projectiles with the cluster bomb addon... just too many of them starts lagging my game  Otherwise, my only real complaint is the apparent uselessness of heat seeking missiles. I figured for them to work maybe I had to heat up a target first with fire damage but even then they were just hot garbage. My original plan was to put them on an auto turret so it could defend itself well, but I ended up just hedging my bets with more missiles with bigger explosions in hopes that at least one would find its mark. Also as an aside, theres a bug where cluster explosions and big explosions dont work together, the first will cancel out the next. Would have been nice to have huge cluster bombs.

Grenades= Havent used them much. Seems like they default come with reflective projectile and big explosions while doing twice as much damage as rockets. But for how fun the rockets are I dont see them having much use for me. Im guessing they'd be pretty good with sticky upgrades but this is just another case of certain upgrades basically being a requirement to make something viable.

Specific upgrades

Sticky Bullets and Reflective bullets= Seems like you ran out of space in the "bullets" category or just couldnt think of enough things for explosions to do honestly... plus I dont see the point of sticky bullets other than grenades. It doesnt seem to do more damage or anything like that, maybe Im missing something?

Air resistance= LOL! What is this even doing as an upgrade? This trash should be taken out and put in the sticky bullets/reflective bullets in its place~ make more room for "good" upgrades instead of stuff to waste resources on you'll never use.

Projectile lifetime, bullet force and recoil= Considering we lack many options for things, I feel these should just all be combined into the same upgrade. Faster bullets that travel longer with less recoil. They're all sort of meh alone compared to other options and we're limited to picking the best 3 after all, which these are not it outside a relative few and very specific occasions.

Minigun and laser upgrade over time= The energy hit is just too high for it to be useful strategically. Plus 100% more energy is additive, not multiplicative unlike all the other upgrades. I feel this should be multiplicative, so if I use an energy efficiency upgrade to drop my energy cost to 2, the double cost of firing it would then go to 4 not 12. *grumble* Really makes the efficiency upgrade in combination with this the least efficient upgrade. :/ On top of that all the other upgrades 1= dont need to be charged up over time and 2= dont increase energy costs. I feel the necessity to charge it over time is a big enough penalty without incurring an energy hit. If you feel differently, maybe you should consider increasing the time needed to charge them up? But at least make it multiplicative instead of additive, I would have loved to use them if they werent statistically inferior and such energy hogs.

Ship parts

TNT= Yes Im mentioning it again because I really feel I need to, please make it behave more like the heaters and coolers? Pretty please? Its really sucky currently.

Sensors= Theyre good... but could be better. Mainly, why limit the range so much? Instead of 60, why not 100? Or maybe include bigger sensors that can reach further?

Energy generators= I feel theres probably some balancing needed here, the energy generators seem to be very weak compared to the energy requirements of litterally everything without an energy efficiency upgrade, meaning you need to make huge ships that are basically just big blocks of energy to power things. I feel if you doubled the energy gain it'd be about where it should be, allowing me to make ships with actual armor parts and stuff on it. You could always balance energy generators another way if you felt you needed to, this being a space game Im surprised venting heat isn't a thing? Big energy generators could just generator some heat that you'd need to get rid of with coolers and such. Id like to see some ship upgrades that improve energy generation and perhaps capacity, or if heat was included you could have an upgrade that lessened heat generation. Otherwise I feel when they explode they should damage things around them like the fuel tanks.

Fuel tanks= First off I feel fuel tanks should NOT regen fuel automatically, they should just store fuel and you need some other method of acquiring more. Either that or the rockets should double both as a rocket and as a fuel tank and make a fuel generator to put in your ship somewhere. That said, I didnt need very many of these, Id generally just put 4 medium ones around my core somewhere and id be good to go really. I feel thats a weakness in the game when theres not much more to consider about them than that, even if they explode it doesnt matter since if my fuel tanks are taking damage things are already fucked.

Rockets= Like I said above, I think these should also count as a fuel tank in terms of capacity, I also find it strange if they get destroyed they dont damage things around them... say for instance other rockets, potentially causing a chain reaction. Otherwise I feel the default rockets are good, tho Id like to see more customizability. For instance theres little point in picking a dynamic thruster over a normal one. since it has all the same stats, just one is programmable to an extent. Would be nice if all the thrusters were like that, and maybe we had some bigger options. Other than that, Im also not sure why these dont generate heat, but you can point them directly inward on your ship with no consequences. >.>

Building blocks= I feel these should have more health than they do. A basic 1x1 block has 1k health... so does a gun. So why bother lining my ship with armor when I can line it with guns that both protect me somewhat and I can use to attack back with? I feel you should at least double the health values, and include an armor rating that mitigates damage. Id also like to see repair block, could heal your ship overtime and act much like the heater and cooler does currently. Because really if not, whats the point? Just make a bunch of energy generators and stack up on shields. Id like to see some upgrades for your ship that improve the armor or health of these as well.

Resource tanks= I feel these should probably hold more than they do currently... need a bunch to be useful and they are NOT small. Plus when there's multiple resources to deal with, itd be nice if I could just switch them from yellow to red to blue without needing to manually replace them along with everything else it may be attached to.

Shields= I feel the area they cover is too small, and the amount of damage they take before shutting down is weak. For what it does, I suggest either buffing those things, or lowering its energy requirement to something more reasonable like 10. I think it'd also be nice if we had upgrades for these as well, say like efficiency upgrades or shield regen time or max shield protection, range, etc. Plus, why do we only have small shields? By definition if we have a small shield we should have a big shield right? I saw a topic earlier that included a picture with different sizes of shields that covered different areas, I also thought the half circle shield seemed like a cool idea. Maybe it only protected from the front but could take more damage? Also... explosions still "pierce" through shields and damage things quite a ways behind them which I feel is a bit unfair.

Decoupler= I feel the decoupler should disengage everything its attached to regardless of whether its a parent or a child. Whats the point of having one still stuck to your things after you wanted to decouple it? Like, it should just disappear after its used basically.

Springs= No idea what these are for yet, havent really needed em. Good for having them tho, I guess?

Magnet= Seems useful, never used one until I got to the relic mission and was wondering how in the heck I was supposed to grab the thing.

Factory= this thing is seriously overpowered... I feel it should be a drain on energy and fuel and stuff. plus 4k health? Its the strongest part in the game! More reason to make the large 2x2 block have more health at least~

Drills, saws, spikes, etc= Havent used em, tho I feel the drill has way too high of an energy requirement, 25 wtf!? Which is probably why I didnt use em... heck even my fan lasers over time only top out at 20 and at least Im able to customize those so I just use them instead. Would be nice if there was upgrades for these things tho.

Logic

Logic gates= I know this is currently a hot topic issue on the forums, and Ive put in my opinions there too. But I really think these are too big, they should be at least 1x1. Even better, maybe have a black box or a brain box or something you can put into your ship which can hold these or a number of their equivalents. Maybe bigger boxes can hold more? I feel if we use different sizes tho the improvements shouldnt be 1 for 1, there should be some efficiency incentives to using bigger boxes taking up more space. and working around it.

Logic in general= I think that unless you have a wireless receiver somewhere on a drone pod or whatever, that if something is cut off from energy and fuel it should also be cut off from logic. This would help a number of things for many reasons that I wont go too in depth here. But basically, its for consistency and giving the wireless receiver a point to be used as well as making certain builds better or easier.

Logic splitter= I think this needs an on/off feature at least, but I think there should be also two types. One type would be the current one, no commands go IN. However I think we need a second type as well, nothing goes in OR OUT, meaning you could use a blocker and a wireless receiver together to control something without causing signal interference with things listening for the same frequencies.

Timers= Im not sure why we need so many different ones... couldnt the same thing be achieved with just one timer and an option for a set number of ticks? Im thinking something similar ala minecraft where you had timers and just hit a button to change the timing. >.>

Final Thoughts

So as a TLDR, I really love and enjoy the game. I hope things continue to improve with more content and things to do. I know I might sound like Im shitting all over things, if so I apologize. I have aspergers so I can be pretty blunt. I also have OCD and Im hyper attentive to detail so I remember a lot of this stuff I think about, and for my own sanity had to release all of this. Im unsure if the devs actually will spend the time needed to read this or even if they actively view the forum at all. But here's to hoping my stupid ideas are received well and help make the game even better than it currently was without any of my input. Kupo.

Sincerely, unmog

• Like 2

Though I disagree with much of what you said, you do have some good points. Upgrades over time shouldn’t ignore efficiency. Compared to fuel, the energy usage/generation ratio is way off. TNT should definitely have an adjustable radius (500 dmg seems reasonable as max damage, though).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

Though I disagree with much of what you said, you do have some good points. Upgrades over time shouldn’t ignore efficiency. Compared to fuel, the energy usage/generation ratio is way off. TNT should definitely have an adjustable radius (500 dmg seems reasonable as max damage, though).

Its fine to disagree, but 500 damage isnt reasonable imo. Its basically as big as a rocket, and if you place it right next to said rocket and detonate it isnt even strong enough to destroy the rocket. That seems off, especially considering you wouldnt need a rockets worth of explosives to destroy it irl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unmog said:

Its fine to disagree, but 500 damage isnt reasonable imo. Its basically as big as a rocket, and if you place it right next to said rocket and detonate it isnt even strong enough to destroy the rocket. That seems off, especially considering you wouldnt need a rockets worth of explosives to destroy it irl.

I usually consider game balance over how realistic it is. 500 damage isn’t quite as realistic, but I think that it is balanced.

Well like I said, I disagree about it being "balanced" since Im not sure why upping the damage would be "unbalanced". I figure a 2x1 block of tnt should at least be able to destroy generators and the like around it of equal size, but it cant. Maybe if it was only 1x1 and did 500 then I could just put 2 in the same place of other similarly sized things around it to destroy it. But currently in the game its much more effective to use 1x1 heaters to destroy things instead of TNT, so Im not sure why you think its "balanced". Plus you can configure a heaters area of effect~

Again, these are all fair and logical points of why I believe its not balanced, but if you have any counters to it other than just your opinion or a feeling then by all means please share?

1000 damage Would be reasonable when thinking about destroying your own drone, but if you use TNT against enemies, then more than 500 would be a bit overboard. Things with multiple uses are a bit tricky. TNT is too weak to use in self-destruct situations, but shouldn’t be any stronger than it currently is for combat scenarios.

43 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

1000 damage Would be reasonable when thinking about destroying your own drone, but if you use TNT against enemies, then more than 500 would be a bit overboard. Things with multiple uses are a bit tricky. TNT is too weak to use in self-destruct situations, but shouldn’t be any stronger than it currently is for combat scenarios.

I disagree a bit with 500 damage in terms of enemies. I have weapons upgraded easily capable of bypassing the 500 tnt does which would be much easier to deliver. Lets take the grenade launcher for instance. Can add sticky projectile to it so it sticks to whatever you shoot it at, +3 projectiles, and +75% damage. Thats 700 total explosive damage in one shot, and only 10 energy needed for it. While not as "big" as the explosive radius as default tnt, what enemy would be big enough for it to matter over the ease of use a grenade launcher brings?

Thats not even considering my favorite weapon, my MIRV rocket launcher. With +3 projectiles, cluster bombs, and remote guided missiles I can fire once to guide 4 rockets at an enemy of my choosing, which when they explode release 3 more explosions, each. Thats 600 direct guided damage right there for 10 energy, plus its fun and so easy to use.

Lets take just the shotgun tho~ at 25 damage per projectile, accuracy up shootforce up and multiple projectiles, that comes out to 400 damage in a concentrated blast much like a sniper rifle again at 10 energy, would be more if I bothered with damage upgrades but after a certain point well, whats the point insane damage numbers in combat? Plus you could WAY more easily double up or tripple up a gun than it would be to create all the stuff you need for a tnt delivery system.

TNT would only be good for making a suicide drone factory or something and theres easier and better alternatives. I just dont see it as a viable weapon, even with higher damage. However if we could adjust the damage or radius it'd be useful in other regards. Even just using heaters again as an example, you could make a suicide drone with a magnet and a heater to suck up a bunch of enemies and light everything on fire. Would be way more effective than tnt.

The only time tnt would be "unbalanced" that I can think of would be if they made actual pvp a thing, since the explosion radius of tnt is much bigger than someones shields currently can be. But thats only a "what if" situation in the future, that somehow only uses the things we currently have as they work now. And even then, they could just disable tnt in pvp~?

Regardless, until TNT gets a buff I don't think there's going to be many uses for it when just compared to current alternatives, which is why I'm using heaters currently... which probably arent intended as such...?

I think balance is a future concern at the moment - it is pretty weird that it takes 4 tnt to blow one directional sensor. 

I also agree that heat seeking is currently freaking worthless - I had to test repeatedly to verify that it had any effect at all. 

I agree that directional sensors need more range.  I believe it once was 100, and even then there were requests for more range. 

I think energy generation is currently okay;  no need to make massive energy consumption easy to achieve. 

I am in favor of larger shields IF they are modified so that they only stop things at their perimeter - thus enemies inside your shield can shoot you.  Then large shields are essentially self balancing. 

I agree with explosive decouplers, with configurable pushback upon decoupling. 

The factory is overpowered, but I expect it to have new requirements as we move ahead; my preference would be to have it consume both energy and fuel. 

3 minutes ago, Lurkily said:

I think energy generation is currently okay;  no need to make massive energy consumption easy to achieve. 

Maybe its because I prefer to use shields, which take a massive 20 energy with no options or upgrades for efficiency, but I end up having to make huge ships full of generators. >.>

5d51349182.jpg

The subway cut off the remainder of my post.  

I agree with local logic.  But with local logic, I don't think switchable splitters are strictly necessary. 

I agree with a box to contain logic (processor blocks) to help streamline builds, and make very complex and responsive builds without crushing part count limits. 

There's also much (everything else)  I don't agree with, though. 

And yes, if you need a metric buttload of shields, you should need a metric crapton of energy. 

I would recommend you avoid using harsh words such as « trash », « garbage » etc. to talk about what you feel is underwhelming or in need of improvement. Positive terms are more likely to cause the developers to value your input, as a critic in gentle words will at least show that you put some thought into your message so as to avoid hurting anyone. Personally, I can have an extremely hard time even reading through a harsh critic, because it can feel as if the person criticising were trying to tell me how they would do my work so much better than me and my efforts on this topic were completely wasted anyway. And this, I assure you, is not pleasant, mostly because it fosters emotional responses rather than rational ones. I have had my fair share of such people, and it always is a trial not to kick them out yelling « if you're so much better then do it yourself, you smart ass! ».

In short, sounding positive and appreciative of the efforts put into a project helps getting your point across. Which is good if you would like to see some of it change to suit your taste, I believe.

As for the content of your post:

Weapons:

• TNT is the most efficient weapon to dig the ground of the hardest planets, and is pretty easy to use. Slap together TNT, thruster, fuel tank, button, distance sensor, and you have a fire-and-forget kind of missile. While I could see an upgrade tree similar to other weapons', any change to the default one we have now I feel would be unwarranted.
  • Flamethrowers are amusing to use, on spinning-tops for example. They indeed are not the most powerful weapons available, but the particle lifetime and sticky particles upgrades make it rather good at setting things on fire. Not as good as lasers indeed, so I could see this be improved.
  • Lasers are pretty fine to me, especially since they are, as you say, so good at digging most planets' soils. They also are pinpoint accurate and continuous, which is a blessing against targets that are close to e.g. bio barrels, or as said above for disintegrating terrain since every last speck of dust will be hit when you make a pass with the weapon. As for their range, I would remind you that scientists or the army of any country have yet to craft a portable laser powerful enough to be a threat to anything other than the eyes of a target. Interactions between various upgrades would indeed be a lot to play with, thus I say: my sandbox, my rules!
  • Blasters feel decent to me, with pretty low recoil, average accuracy, good range, decent damage.
  • Shotguns I do not use much, if only because of their low fire rate, but that is a question of taste only. They seem to deal higher than average damage, and make for paradoxically good long range, high damage burst weapons.
  • Rocket launchers are extremely powerful, although heat seeking is pretty meh. Several rocket launchers with e.g. the cluster bombs upgrade are not handled well by my computer, though, so I refrain from going all out. Also, the recoil with a minigun upgrade is ludicrous, which is fun!
  • Grenades are funny in how they can make timed bombs, (almost) immobile mines, clustertruck explosions, bomber armament. They are versatile, which makes them excellent in my opinion.

---

Specific upgrades:

• Sticky bullets are funny and useful on grenade launchers, heat / freeze blasters and shotguns, and flamethrowers. Reflective bullets are the same, on blasters and shotguns this time.
  • Air resistance is one way to make almost immobile mines using the grenade launcher for example, or bypass some planets' thick atmospheres. Not the most useful feature, but it can definitely be used.
  • Projectile lifetime, bullet / rocket force and recoil are four very different things that have no reason to be combined, because you will not find a combination of these that are satisfying to all: more time and force, with less recoil? Cannot propel yourself with your rocket launchers as a result. More time and force but more recoil? Good luck with keeping your craft stable. Etc.
  • Minigun and laser upgrade over time are pretty fine considering they take only one upgrade slot. See my other post in Bugs for the math.

---

Ship parts:

• Increasing the range of distance sensors I have no qualms against.
  • Energy generators are simple enough to allow for computing of the more interesting parts of the craft, mainly logic for me. Guessing how many batteries, generators, coolers and glittery sparkledew a given drone could need would be almost as tedious as Pathfinder's inventory management. As for batteries not producing enough energy, I would suggest you strip some of your crafts from a few shields to begin with, while asking yourself whether you are supposed to make a small, light, thus agile aircraft producing enough energy to be shielded against the most violent assaults. I believe it is not the case.
  • Fuel tanks are as simple as batteries and, as stated above, I believe it to be an excellent thing.
  • Thrusters, if they had any capacity to hold fuel, would be, I believe, the first propulsion engine ever that does not require constant supplying of fuel. If you some day find the time to examine e.g. a space launcher's propeller, you might see that it does not contain any idle fuel. It would make strictly no sense to design an engine with tanks included when you have strictly no clue beforehand of how they will be used. Likewise, a motor does not simply explode when damaged or shot at: the fuel burns, and if the flames or heat reach a tank then some more things will be set aflame, but that is it. As for customising them, I believe dynamic thrusters are enough seeing how you can set their force both before you set off and while you are cruising around a planet.
  • Building blocks have too little health, or other blocks (particularly weapons) have way too much.
  • Resource tanks I suppose could be merged into one to make colourful variations display on them. Nothing against an increase in capacity, either.
  • Shields are already extremely powerful if you consider that they can take a few hits, stack on top of each other, be disabled when not needed and generally remove the need to even properly protect the most important quarters of your crafts. Even our modern tanks' armouring is not enough to take more than a few aimed shots (namely two), which is why they have a cannon to begin with: to make sure they are not hit. The whole concept of a rechargeable shield on a craft which components have high health and repair themselves is baffling enough already, and in my opinion said shield should eat some more energy for each point of damage they withstand to make them a bit less mandatory.
  • Springs and magnets are useful in a number of ways each. Factories are to be changed as far as I know. Drills use too much energy to hold a candle to lasers but are funny to use, no clue about how pertinent the other two might be seeing as I am no fan of such weapons. Hammers, yes, sawblades less so.

---

Logic:

• Logic splitters already forbid any sort of logic to go in or out, and wireless receivers override this. Any more splitters I believe would be redundant.
  • Not sure what you mean about timers. Delay gates are not the same as buffers, which are different from impulse givers, which behave differently from trigger impulses. No clue why there are two impulse givers, but being able to tell the longer one apart from the shorter one does help visually and as far as I can tell.

Basically: no. For the most part.

Sweet apple, this evening was so long and unproductive.

Edited by Ookami-sama
Some things you see only after having sent.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ookami-sama said:

I would recommend you avoid using harsh words such as « trash », « garbage » etc. to talk about what you feel is underwhelming or in need of improvement. Positive terms are more likely to cause the developers to value your input, as a critic in gentle words will at least show that you put some thought into your message so as to avoid hurting anyone. Personally, I can have an extremely hard time even reading through a harsh critic, because it can feel as if the person criticising were trying to tell me how they would do my work so much better than me and my efforts on this topic were completely wasted anyway. And this, I assure you, is not pleasant, mostly because it fosters emotional responses rather than rational ones. I have had my fair share of such people, and it always is a trial not to kick them out yelling « if you're so much better then do it yourself, you smart ass! ».

In short, sounding positive and appreciative of the efforts put into a project helps getting your point across. Which is good if you would like to see some of it change to suit your taste, I believe.

Again, my apologies for my brashness. I'm not one for artificial sweeteners, I shoot straight and true. I've tried to be more politically correct and positive with my words but people tell me I suck at it and usually come off condescending or fake or reading in between of lines that I didn't intend... and as such it tends to be a wasted effort. Its just easier for me to shoot from the hip and then apologize later if I stepped on anyones toes afterward to be honest yet fair. But I know I can come off as a bit rude or sarcastic sometimes which isn't my intent. Though in my aspergers perspective of things I can't control peoples idea or opinion of what I say or mean, I can only control what I actually say and mean. I do try and limit myself in terms of being too negative so I don't come off as raving lunatic however, tho I may even fail in that regard as far as I know.

Still I appreciate the recommendation, its just hard for someone like me, hence the point of the apology in the first place since I know its a problem I struggle with.

I am also socially awkward. One thing that helps me is to not get too caught up in defending my own opinion to ignore the logic in other people’s ideas. It is a problem that many, probably most people struggle with. I know that it can “hurt your pride” to aknowledge that you were wrong, but it helps. When you say something, people will sometimes judge your opinion and sometimes an apparent lack of logic. I try to to judge things on logic rather than bias towards or against something. If I don’t agree with something, then I try to back up my argument with evidence and explaining my reasoning. Also, when you post something, check your facts first. Sometimes I will say something and realize that I was completely wrong. Checking your facts definitely helps to avoid future embarrassment.

1 minute ago, ManTheMister said:

I am also socially awkward. One thing that helps me is to not get too caught up in defending my own opinion to ignore the logic in other people’s ideas. It is a problem that many, probably most people struggle with. I know that it can “hurt your pride” to aknowledge that you were wrong, but it helps. When you say something, people will sometimes judge your opinion and sometimes an apparent lack of logic. I try to to judge things on logic rather than bias towards or against something. If I don’t agree with something, then I try to back up my argument with evidence and explaining my reasoning. Also, when you post something, check your facts first. Sometimes I will say something and realize that I was completely wrong. Checking your facts definitely helps to avoid future embarrassment.

I do check facts all the time, I figure its just part of my OCD to make sure I put out correct facts and if anything is proven wrong I have no problem apologizing and correcting later. But for instance, all the math with the weapons compared to tnt and their damage is factually accurate.

Just now, unmog said:

I do check facts all the time, I figure its just part of my OCD to make sure I put out correct facts and if anything is proven wrong I have no problem apologizing and correcting later. But for instance, all the math with the weapons compared to tnt and their damage is factually accurate.

I was partially referring to your post in the bugs section. I don’t want to sound mean, and I realize that this may come off as passive aggressive. I do realize how easy it is to misunderstand the percentages. I’m just trying to clear up some misconceptions. The upgrades are all additive.

4 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

I was partially referring to your post in the bugs section. I don’t want to sound mean, and I realize that this may come off as passive aggressive. I do realize how easy it is to misunderstand the percentages. I’m just trying to clear up some misconceptions. The upgrades are all additive.

Hmm, I thought I explained it already that its not "all" additive however, its usually a combination of adding percents together and then multiplying it by the base stat. Look at shotguns and multi shot for hard proof that theyre not all additive.

I don't think you're 'Wrong' in much of this.  But it reads as a rant, appears to have emotional content, and is largely "This game needs fixing" instead of "You've done great, have you also considered . . . ?"   You can see how this kind of presentation can invite a negative reaction.

Thanks alot for the very detailed feedback! I'll need some time to analyze all of it.
I agree that weapon upgrades and different other parts are not very well balanced yet.

We will focus on a group of parts on each future update :)
For the next update we will focus on thrusters and airresistance and make them better because it's needed for a fun racing mode.
I think we will tackle the weapons and upgrade balancing in the update where we add drone vs. drone combat.

Smaller changes like increasing the dmg of TnT a bit or balance a few existing upgrades is something we can do relatively quick in smaller patches between the big updates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unmog said:

I've tried to be more politically correct and positive with my words but people tell me I suck at it and usually come off condescending or fake or reading in between of lines that I didn't intend...

What do you know! People are stupid after all. But as Brassens' practical son Maxime Leforestier sang it:

Quand les cons sont braves, comme moi, comme toi, comme nous, comme vous, ce n'est pas très grave qu'ils commettent, se permettent des bêtises, des sottises, qu'ils déraisonnent : ils n'emmerdent personne. It does not matter what « intelligence » you boast as long as you are a good person, or something.

Related to my earlier post: if anything, do witness for yourself the behaviour of some components, upgrades etc. that you seemed to have incorrectly interpreted. To be perfectly honest, I had trouble holding back when reading, for example, that there does not exist a logic component that cuts connection to and from the main part, or that weapon upgrades are stacking multiplicatively. Both are pretty simple to disprove really (one minute each), and it hurts the overall value of your argument a little.

I will add that you focus much more on efficiency than I do, so a number of things you consider underwhelming are just fine to me. Not every combination of weapon upgrades has to be efficient or even remotely useful outside of one particular setting: modularity is queen to me, and I like being able to do anything I like and watch the results. This is the main reason why I stopped playing Smite, by the way: a character dealing magical damage can only buy magic items. I consider myself mature and intelligent enough to pick what I feel is the best, funniest, or otherwise most enjoyable sets of items on any character. If I want to give physical damage to a tank that is supposed to deal magical damage, well! I cannot, however powerful it would be in this setting.

Nimbatus lets me do about anything I want to, especially with weapon upgrades. I do not mind in the slightest that some configurations are less than optimal if it is the price for diversity.