Stray Fawn Community

Toggeable option: Evolving islands

thivid08

Niche is all about adapting and thriving in your environment, as your nichelings evolve to fit the island you live in. However, once you are fully adapted to an island, you have to move on or nothing new will happen. In real life, species often evolve to keep up with other species. What I mean is that it would be really cool if there was the option to make the other species in the islands adapt too. It would make your time in the island much more entertaining and challenging. With this mode turned on, other animals have a chance of randomly mutating an extra stat, like a bunny with extra speed, bad eyesight, defense or more collecting. If depending on how well and how long this animal survives, it has a better or worse chance of "breeding". If it succeeds, other members of its kind will spawn with that extra stat, and over time, the stats that get passed on may completely change the species. For example, you could end up with a plague of faster, smarter bunnies with more defense, or a ridiculously overpowered bear with maximum speed. But you could also try to manipulate the populations, for example, killing bunnies with good stats and keeping ones with bad stats, eventually creating a population of blind, easy to catch bunnies. Maybe, cosmetic and behavioral mutations could also be added, like the chance for a dodomingo to be black or pink or an ape that does not like to attack nichelings. This would definitely make each island you visit more interesting, and more realistic!

• Like 11

4 replies to this post

This would be amazing. For me, I often find that after 200-400 day I get a bit bored, as i have usually visited most of the islands. This would be a nice challenge to add to the game if its getting boring. And I really like the idea of manipulating the species through a sort of 'Natural selection'.

• Like 1