Stray Fawn Community

Ways to save the Velvet paw?

A) Give it all the power!

-- Sneak attacks (The first attack on an enemy that hasn't targeted the nicheling) deal double damage.

B) Eh... Maybe make it better at what it already does?

-- +2 collecting, +3 stealth.

C) Curse stealth! Who knows how it works, anyway? 

-- Velvet paw allows you to walk on snow and adds extra speed in the jungle. (To its current attributes)

You know these tiles that you have to clear first before a nicheling can move on them? Not anymore with Velvet paw.

D) All of these option are horrible. Leave the gene alone! 

• Like 6

I love option C, it doesn't sound to overpowered and seeing as velvet paw is obviously a jungle gene it would bring great joy to jungle Nichelings, also it is super annyoing that velvet paw doesn't add speed and I feel like that would be a good mix :D

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I think velvet paw helps you sneak on rabbils, for example, a nicheling with claw and runner's leg can get close to a rabbil and it will run away. But if a nicheling with a claw and a velvet paw gets close to one it might not move because it cannot hear the creature. These are assumptions from my experience, I have no idea if it affects that.

• Like 1

Also I think a combination of B and  C would be good, velvet paw could use more stealth and help you move faster in the jungle. But I don't fully agree with C because I feel snowpaw would be a good gene (I made a name for it) on its own, and would let a nicheling walk on snow.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

so really I don't think it needs fixing, it is well balanced for a paw that common

I do know how stealth works, but it has nothing on camouflage in my experience. Even when hunting, I never needed to sneak up on prey. It's a lot about playstyle, though, but double velvet paw isn't too fun to navigate. When stuck with no speed, why not go for the kill and choose double claws? That just doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1