Stray Fawn Community

How roleplays normally end up for me

Goggles-kun

Overpoweredwarriorcatwaifu: I win!

Underpoweredmildlydecentfighter: Ok so basically I'm a cat that also turns into a bird and a dragon and a dog and a wolf and a unicorn and a platypus and a griffon and a squid and a jaguar and a falcon

Bestfighter: I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!

Me: I thought this was just a discussion about Warrior Cats...

• Like 3

Most of my RPs [forum rps] usually end up like this.

*couple pages of details about an idea I think is cool*

*a few people show interest*

*a page or two of RPposts occur over a few weeks*

*nothing but crickets*

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The RP I'm in right now (It's a warriors Rp)

Hostess: *Hey wanna RP? insert context and rules here

*Everyone posts forms*

Noob: OKAY I'LL START ROCKCLAN INVADES THE CAMP! QUICK HIDE THE QUEEEENSSSS!!1!!

Me: Uh that's a little abrupt but I'll go with it

Sensible Person: We need to restart

Everyone: OK

>200 pages Later:

Noob: Emberfeather: "Agh I hate you all I'm leaving the Clan!! *cries*

*Everyone proceeds to abandon the Clan*

I remember playing a couple FFRP chatrooms for years; it's good to be able to just drop in to someplace active whenever the mood strikes you.  But we got a lot of exactly what you describe, even with rules written about the need not to 'godmode'.  (Eye Dee Dee Cue Dee, game over!)  There was enough lameness to go around.  We had one nerf-herder who played a character that couldn't die, but still went and dramatically committed suicide on a regular basis.  We all started making a joke of it, competing to be the most nonchalant while he was lamenting his fate.  One of my favorite lines in response was 'Huh.  It must be Tuesday.'

• Haha 3

I actually had a picture commissioned for a character I played.  This was Vincent Dru'gotti, who went by the moniker of Lurker, to those who hadn't earned his name.  He's a rogueish sort who was a teddy bear to those he knew and trusted, but I aimed for 'unmitigated brutality' in his dealings with people he didn't know well.  The art is by the talented Gin May, who it appears hasn't posted new artwork in a while.  Her B&W work is fantastic, which is why I decided against color on this one.

11682_1010120400.jpg 

• Like 3