Stray Fawn Community

Logic splitter toggle

Havelock

6 replies to this post

Currently, arming a cruise missile so it is armed after decoupling.  Assume you might have more than one in flight, and crosstalk means they have to be isolated from criteria that could signal that they're free. 

Local logic would be a better solve for that, though. 

4 hours ago, Ookami-sama said:

Without looking into it, I suppose a distance sensor is able to tell whether the missile is flying or attached to the craft if it is pointing towards the drone.

That requires that detachment also actuates motion away for your drone, while ideally your subdrone should be capable of that itself. 

Another circumstance local logic solves, though.  I highly favor localizing logic. 

One workaround might be to put a wireless part past a splitter, actuating a child switch to activate the subdrone, but someone told me the signal won't cross the wireless part to its parent or cousin parts.

Indeed, for trying to get a wireless logic connector through to a drone that was logic split while also preventing crosstalk is something I have tried and failed to do. The best we can do right now is to put half your drone as logic split/full autonomous, and half as logic connected with crosstalk to duplicate drones, and then hope you never have a use case where those two halves of your subdrone need to talk to each other. 

The use case where you have an external startup signal to "power on" you drone so it starts flying is such a use case.