Stray Fawn Community

I miss old Niche

Goggles-kun

Welcome back to another public service announcement, where I make a claim, make bad jokes, regret the post, and stop rhyming at toast.

Whenever I look at old screenshots from 2016, I just feel a little wave of sadness wash over me. Then it hit: it was nostalgia sitting behind my chair. A time from two years ago when I was absolutely obsessed with Niche and played it every day after school. Sure, I can always load up a version of Niche predating version 0.5 and play from there, but it just never feels the same. I loved it when it was always like that.

I don't even know why I miss old Niche. Maybe it was the strangely adorable graphics?

image.png.399b86192fbe2a785de05bf4f88a8ef3.pngimage.png.41ebbe27383a4090a34e9fcc92389b58.png

Idk. Anyone else like this?

• Like 1

I admit I miss the old Niche too. I personally enjoyed the more minimalist textures since it made the colors brighter, especially with the eyes.

I remember way back then when the toxic body would give a nicheling special frog eyes. I suppose the multicolored jellybean colors are a fair trade for that though!

I agree! I mean I still play Niche a lot but I am totally in love with the old textures. Would love to have them back as an option :)

Though I would not trade the new game mechanics for the old looks lol

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jojo said:

I agree! I mean I still play Niche a lot but I am totally in love with the old textures. Would love to have them back as an option :)

Though I would not trade the new game mechanics for the old looks lol

I feel the same way!

• Like 1