Stray Fawn Community

Buffs for blindness?

Bill Nye the Science Fry

It never made sense to me that blind Nichelings were virtually useless when lots of species are completely blind, like some kinds of moles and fish that live in dark places. I suggest a few different options:

• A new, cave-like or underground biome would be added. In this biome, the blind creatures roam freely with the use of scent and hearing. Who knows, maybe the Vision button would be disabled on this island to make the regular-eyed Nichelings at a disadvantage.
  • Blind eyes would give the Echolocation ability, allowing the blind Nicheling to move freely. The Echolocation screen would be added to the toggleable senses, where it looks like smelling or hearing. Maybe blind creatures would also become nocturnal?
  • The blind Nicheling is free to move while any of the toggleable senses, except sight, are activated.

Tell me which one you like best, and which one you think might actually be implemented in the game. Thanks for reading :)

• Like 5

8 replies to this post

I like 2 and 3 while a new biome would be nice I think those two would be easier to implement. It might take the challenge of having blind Nichelings though but I totally agree with your point :D

• Like 1