Stray Fawn Community

Kepa-Shanyang's Update Journal - Niche Competiton

Solar-Eclipse

Hello there! I'm super excited to be doing this. I haven't played niche seriously in a long time, and this looks like fun. Anyways, our story starts with.. the intro cutscene not loading on my low-power computer, and of course, Adam!
AdamSwamp.PNG.8c664bd08b9cfc8135de90a7ac56ae29.PNG

Aside from the tutorial, moving onto the next island, here is Eve.

EveFound.PNG.c5073fe22ede708157b3b893f830fc20.PNG

Quite a lucky set of genes we've received! Nimble fingers, and spiky body! I only wish she had a more appealing fur colour.

AdamEveChild1.PNG.ae708389f6a58041ea3ab32fa6bdc99e.PNG

Welp, here's our first child. Kinda wish she would've inherited the nimble fingers, but hey, we have tribemates!

NextIsland1.PNG.1498d802117357c461d0f7f0130738f1.PNG

With a bit of preparation, we're onto the next island. We also gave birth to another kid, a clone this time. Only difference? This one has home island immunity! We're gonna have to work hard to preserve that.

AdamEveTwins.PNG.0d423aa7844440719e8d049c03a741c0.PNG

Here's some twins we gave birth to! I favor the one on the left. I love that cute little pink paw!

TribeExpansion.PNG.2c52b0215e594eb6846a8c5adb768610.PNG

Anyways, we're steadily expanding our tribe. it seems that spiky bodies are quite popular among the genepool. Also, as of now, I really wish I could give myself unlimited food! Haha! But I won't, that'd make the odds unfair for the other competitors.

Will update as I continue!

• Like 4

Wanderer1.PNG.838c22d65a13ea77076c6c4513063b76.PNG

Hm, what's this? Eve seems to have found a wanderer! While this old bag may have snip snout, hemophelia, and webbed hind legs, he also has velvet paw, nimble fingers, and recessive big body, cracker jaw, and antlers! I'd say it's a fair trade. And besides, he's new breeding potential. Welcome to the tribe, Rororo!

PrepareToMove.PNG.981598bb0920c5d848da97c1a8d289a3.PNG

Meanwhile, everyone's preparing to move to the next island. Eve has passed on, and Adam has decided to stay on the island with his dead mate out of respect and love for her and her assistance in helping him create tribemates who may one day find his old family for him. As Rororo makes his way over to the port, painfully slowly, the five kids say goodbye to their remaining parent.

The next day, Adam passes away and the remaining members of the tribe venture out into the big wild world, unaware of the oncoming dangers, challenges, and new adventures and experiences they have yet to face.

-Chapter 1: Origins - has ended.-

• Like 4

-Chapter 2: New Islands, New Tribemates-

NewIslands.thumb.PNG.9510f660c83145c583a9ab569025dac3.PNG

The tribe arrives on the new island. Their eyes grow wide at the sight of how huge this place is compared to their previous home. However, they quickly recover from their shock, and immediately move forward, with no time to lose.

leechesBad.PNG.985edab6d28a2b47fbd4c64233848d55.PNG

The tribe moves through the water, seeing the coconut trees and how they drop their rather heavy "fruits". The tribe is afraid of being hit on the head with one. However, they quickly discover tons of goldleeches. Isis, who is leading the way, quickly takes the majority out. One latches onto Rororo, but Meissi removes it instantly. 

Clownkoi.PNG.1416995a0d713be2aa2ad1ccf73a2264.PNG

As they travel through the water, Rororo seems to have found a clownkoi friend. Meanwhile, the tribe takes notice of how much quicker Rororo can move through the water than on land.

Discoveries.PNG.4f59ae9b2675ded47b24765a1f4672b3.PNG

The tribe moves onto the nearby shore, and all the tribe's females decide to have their children. The tribe is a little bit disgruntled at the sight of the snip-snout baby, but decides to make use of them anyway. Isis sets up her nest in the water, much to the concern of her tribemates. "Won't your kid drown if they're born in the water?" the tribe asks. "I'll hold their head up," Isis replies, in hopes of reassuring her tribemates.

778127254_MotherProudMotherConcernHomeIslandChildren.PNG.806f82d70545808b7b051bc4b3a9b78a.PNG

The next day, Isis gives birth to these two cuties. Eve's pink fur makes a reappearance, and Adam's fur joins in as well, despite being without the stripes. Isis is a bit surprised at the appearance of twins, but decides to love her two children equally. An extra upside, they both have home island immunity!

1421209476_NoDrownGoodChilds.PNG.3862ceb6c31dc5c72a8dc8bcaddc2f3d.PNG

Fortunately, the two kids don't drown, and are able to make it onto land by themselves.

1211912264_RainAWhile-rororoGoneSoon.PNG.6b9a5a76f8270c6bc991a935aa37fb00.PNG

It's been raining for a while now, and Rororo has found a tree stump in the meantime while the tribe expands steadily upwards. The only concern everyone has now is if they'll have enough food to feed everyone.

301942194_ShortSnoutUnease.PNG.5fdc6cf443d9724382ce38ba6e08bad4.PNG

Meanwhile, a short-snouted child is born. The tribe is a bit uneasy, and eyes the kid suspiciously. 
"What kind of snout is that?" someone asks.
"He looks super weird!" one of the children comment. They are hushed by their mother.
Rororo speaks up. "That is a short snout. Nothing like your poison fangs, but it is still useful. In fact, that short snout has a better smelling capability than your fanged ones."
The tribe is somewhat offended at being beaten in a category of survival, but keeps the child. 

48148111_OddWandererKuvanvan.PNG.63e254f0401113660aa4e8bf168afc82.PNG

An odd wanderer named Kuvanvan is found. He has a smelly tail, and the same jaw as Rororo, but with recessive cracker jaw. The tribe accepts him, taking note of his ram horns, and of the two nimble fingers he has.

PoisonBerryBushFirst.PNG.b9e264c6f7d8252043be4f5eb89f6071.PNG

As the tribe continues moving north, they find their first poison berry bush. Luckily, they have no problem picking from it, as most of the nichelings there are resistant to poison.

CrackerJawRaanaa.PNG.547b66bdb6dd9c0fc113e14a593fe1c9.PNG

Also, the tribe's first cracker jaw is born. A few laugh at how weird its muzzle looks, but accept them anyways.

AlbinoRogue.PNG.96c649d3d4698fc36f0f60380fc2dab5.PNG

And finally for this post.. oh, what's this? An albino rogue male? The tribe is shocked by his odd appearance, and the females snarl simply at the thought of his intentions. The females send Nuro to deal with him. Kuvan joins in, and Meissi decides to attack as well. The male is guaranteed to die in a day or two.

CrabbitCollect.PNG

Stagmole.PNG

• Like 3

660578434_MoreToxicBushesSwampTiles.PNG.51c999bb78fb39eaef4fe0f4f0b45000.PNG

Our tribe seems to be finding more toxic berry bushes, and everyone is fine with this except the cracker-jawed and short-snouted guys. The tribe is suspicious of the water puddles, as they have heard stories from Adam, who had been given the stories by his old home island tribemates, of swamp tribes having to battle bugs that lingered around them every day after it rained. However, the tribe still smiles at the sight of a healing plant.

raroSmell.PNG.26240cb72f27025fa5d90038d1e37b30.PNG

The next day, Raro smells the scent of a bad-meaning nicheling. Also, it's raining. He warns the tribe, and everyone moves forwards.

1066336024_IsisChildAdamStripes.PNG.9fe238eab55faa288f3d758c85201cd7.PNG

Isis has another child, and the tribe gasps in awe as Adam's stripes make a comeback. However, everyone suddenly grows alert..

1833250223_Danger-Dangereverywhere.PNG.fe2dc80162ee26af8f4b33cc288009fe.PNG

...because on the same day the striped baby was born, the tribe has their first encounter with a bearyena and a bluebird. The tribe views Adam's stripes as a sign from Adam himself that the tribe/child is blessed. However, perhaps these stripes are a curse? Adam was carried away from his home by a bluebird. Also, there's a bearyena. 

To be continued, since I don't have any more time to play the game.

• Like 2

-Chapter 2 Continuation- 

With the new threats of the bearyena and the bluebird, the tribe begins to swiftly move. Meissi, the tribe's oldest member along with Kukirku, decides to spend her last day stalling the bearyena and applying damage to it. She is unable to kill it in the same day it arrived, but hopefully with her spiky body and poison fangs, she will have applied enough damage for it to stay around for not much longer. Meanwhile, the tribe keeps a close eye over Duktavan, making sure the bluebird has no chance to go after him.

The next day, Meissi dies to the bearyena. The tribe mourns, but keeps moving. Duktavan is herded into the grass so that he may be camouflaged. 

1276214904_Senpaicannotnoticeme.PNG.b13a7ea5d90ea4031b7222d198f70e0a.PNG

Next day. The bearyena is still tracking the tribe, but cannot see Raana or Duktavan in the grass. Before it even knows what hit him, the bearyena is struck down by Raana, the cracker-jawed creature. Duktavan, who is now no longer the bluebird's victim, as the winged creature has left, moves to join his tribe, who are making their way to the northern port of the island. Finally!

Bonk.PNG.c337b3507a8378c100b58a3f06080e25.PNG

As the tribe moves forwards, Kokola, who had forgotten about the danger of bearing near coconut trees, gets hit on the head and stunned by one! The tribe laughs at the comedic effect of the situation, but is overall concerned about her wellbeing.

PortFound.PNG.05901ae7f527f44b9ce5f307c1a99b65.PNG

Anyways, it seems that Kuvan and Nuro have found the island port! Unfortunately, it looks a bit small. Perhaps a few creatures will be left behind. Also, I forgot to mention, but Kukirku has passed away from old age. I will always love that little pink paw of his.

Next day, it's raining and the tribe collects food, despite the fact it stalls their progress. Kokola is still stunned by the coconuts. I hope she doesnt pass away before I get a chance to breed her.

The next day, Kokola is free from the grasp of the coconut tree! She huffs, slightly upset at the inconvenience, and moves on.

A couple days later, a rogue male breeds with Simeis. She is very upset with this and swears to banish the soon-to-be born kid from the tribe or sacrifice them to the lingering bluebird as soon as they're born if they do not have enough useful traits. Meanwhile, Kokola breeds with Roro, and will have his baby in a couple days. At the port, the tribe has found a couple water healing plants and some nest-material providing water plants. They harvest the nesting material ones, and injured tribemates approach the healing plants.

Disastisfaction.PNG.c717988c62cbbfb479621bc9cb57b07f.PNG

The next day, these two are born. Their names are Issi (cracker jaw) and Anamera (snip-snout). Kokola is disappointed with her child's cracker jaw, and Simeis is disgusted by her child altogether. Anamera has recessive antenna, but the tribe finds this pretty much useless at this point. Not to mention, Anamera has a deformed paw. And that ugly, ugly snout.

Simeis destroys her nest and stomps away from her newborn child onto the port. Kokola moves to have some of the water healing plant, and Raana keeps watch over the two children. The next day, Kokola eats the healing plant, but is not fully healed. She and Issi move onto the port with the others, and Raana abandons the other child under Simeis' wish. The tribe then gathers themselves, and moves onto the next island.

-Chapter 2 has ended. Now we begin the next.-

-Chapter 3: Open Ocean-

1890514991_OpenOcean.thumb.PNG.0ebd577369f13625a2d272544111d7b6.PNG

As the tribe steps onto the new island, the realize that this place is very unnatural. Heads tilt as they eye the area around them. The tribe soon realizes.. this isn't just one island by itself. No, this place has several.

Immediatley, two females breed with Roro, the short-snouted one. These two females are Kokola and Simeis. Too late, Simeis realizes the permanent nest she has settled upon is directly below a coconut tree. She can only prey she and her baby aren't affected by a falling coconut. However, the chances are most likely very low.

The tribe decides to find breeding pairs, but soon realizes a problem they have: there are only three females (not counting Issi), and four males. Despite the numbers being practically even, a shortage of females is an issue. Also, Raana is somewhat excluded due to every male also having a B immunity gene like hers, and while Nuro, Kuvan, and Issi are immunity-compatible, both Nuro and Kuvan will surely pass away from old age before Issi is fully grown.

469907953_Moredisappointment.PNG.8f2219848bc2a66b79289c9623e09f51.PNG

Next day, Nuku (male cracker jaw) and Sirere (female short-snout) are born. Both mothers are disappointed with the non-poison-fanged outcome. Fortunatley though, Simeis was not strucken by the coconut tree. She instantly moves out of the way.

The tribe's ears perk up. A lot of them twitch their ears as the sound of waves splashing against the shore and the distant call of nichelings, or some other creature, can be heard. The tribe wonders to themselves if maybe those distant animal noises could be Adam's old family? Probably not, they reason. Surely finding his old family wouldn't be this easy? The two newborn nicheling's mothers pass away. The next day, two of the male nichelings pass away. Duktuvan is uneasy. He is the only one with poison fangs in the tribe now.

Duktuvan, determined to hopefully keep his gene in the tribe, breeds with the only two adult females left in the tribe. They share an immunity (home island, G) but hopefully the babies will not be doubled up. Fortunatley, this wish comes true.

Genes.PNG.9fe89e3e384e240ba9b046745fc7f956.PNG

The poison-fang gene has been passed on and saved. For now, at least. The poison-fanged child is named Vanta, and the cracker-jaw is Rekoko.

(will update later. I'm out of time to play the game again. Hoo.)

• Like 2

-Chapter 3 Continuation-

Many days pass. The only female compatible with Vanta's immunity set grows old and passes away before Vanta is even an adult. Berries are picked, the tribe is expanding their territory, when suddenly, a wanderer appears.

504876573_InfertileWanderer.PNG.81deab66d6fab386e7ed3ab4d7b5fd5a.PNG

Her name is Anara. While the tribe is happy to see her, they are also heavily disappointed. Anara only has one fertility, she is shortsighted, she has two hemophilia genes, she has a deformed paw, and recessive webbed hind legs. The only good thing about her genes are the recessive bird beak and her different immunity genes. The tribe is in desperate need of new immunities, but they know there's no chance of her ever having a kid due to her low fertility. The tribe kills her off to keep her from stealing food. Anara tries to run, but she is closed in by the three nichelings surrounding her.

The tribe is somewhat sad. They cannot find anything here, it seems, other than the various amount of berry bushes. They decide to make a move towards the northern port, however, the port seems to lead to a swampland. In preparation for the toxic berries they know they'll find there, Vanta swears to help his father pass down his toxic fangs.

1262045467_SickMerame.PNG.4e90361c43a08be6752e65638c7b222f.PNG

The next day, three babies are born, and the only one with poison fangs (and stripes) is born sick. Her name is Merame. The tribe however doesn't mind the doubled up immunity. In fact, they'll use it to their advantage. If a tribemate has two of the same immunity, then if they breed with someone with two different immunities than them, then the baby is guaranteed to be healthy. Merame's lifespan may be cut in half, but this will not stop her from being a use to her tribe.

As it turns out, Vanta and Merame are immunity-compatible. In this tribe, we don't care about incest. They're video game animals. Who cares, I want to live goddamnit.

The tribe, not wanting to get sick, moves away from the newborn baby.

1596424141_growlsheard.PNG.d003cb7d39f8728e08dff53e963c7e33.PNG

Next day, and growls can be heard in the bushes. Also Vanta's father passed away so rip. The three nichelings closest to the bearyena head over to possibly kill the thing for food, and for safety. They are unable to kill the thing in the day, which makes worry arise. However, the bearyena is guaranteed to die the next turn due to the amount of damage dealt.

Meanwhile, the tribe's striped creatures go off to hide into the grass. When Vanta goes to hide, he finds.. oh!

1400632791_FemaleWanderer.PNG.4195926a886533ef907b6785802e840b.PNG

Well, ain't that a pretty female! With poison fangs, too! While she is shortsighted, has a crippled paw, and only two immunity, her other genes are fine. And she has E immunity, too. She does only have two fertility, but it's better than one. Vanta invites her to the tribe. The two mate, and after two tries, the wanderer, Reisre, gets pregnant and builds a nest.

Damage.PNG.52a4beba9bd184071a4d52363f7f699b.PNG

The next day, Sirere (short snout) is severely damaged by the bearyena, but the three are able to take the beast out. The three begin to clear out the area by the yeena's corpse, so that the tribe may cross onto the next island when ready to progress northwards.

Resi.PNG.47666f25b1d941a1f2237d46655ce363.PNG

Meanwhile, Resi is born. She is perfectly healthy, and only has one deformed paw. She also has three fertility. The tribe is beginning to look more hopeful, as the poison fang gene is being passed down to more and more creatures. However, since it hasn't rained in a while, the berry bushes are starting to shrivel. But in the meantime, everyone gathers by the island's bay so they may progress onto the next one.

Next day, it rains! The tribe picks from berries and takes their first steps into the water. And finally, Merame is grown!

Swimmin.PNG.72f6b78769e2ec204d131b4bb7ee3bcd.PNG

Swimmin.

2078719753_Ahoythere!.PNG.12eeebe66843183e51367c85f6be9c83.PNG

Also.. ahoy! Who's this? Not a rogue male, just Kuta, a snip-snouted wanderer! Unfortunately, his genes are undesirable, so we'll leave him alone. Anyways, we're crossing the ocean, and I hate the drowning effect. Like what the actual hell drowning took off EIGHT DAYS of one of my creature's lives, killed the ONLY OTHER CREATURES WITH POISON FANGS BESIDES THE SICK ONE AND RESIAND NOW EVERYONE'S GONNA FUCKING DIE IN A FEW DAYS BECAUSE OF THAT GODDAMN DROWNING EFFECT. FUCK YOU.

WHY DO ALL OF MY CREATURES HAVE B AND HOME ISLAND IMMUNITY I CAN'T FUCKING BREED ANYONE RESI IS THE ONLY ONE WITH DECENT IMMUNITY LEFT I FUCKING HATE NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE CONSOLE ARCHIPELAGO SUCKS AND EVERYTHING SUCKS

OH AND WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! BECAUSE OF ONE SIMPLE MISTAKE OF LEAVING THE SICK ONE BY PEOPLE WHILE CROSSING EVERYONE'S SICK AND DYING!!!

1067607940_gETIN.PNG.0ef1fb87566509d51eb2fe60734173f5.PNG

Get in our tribe you disgusting big-nosed piece of worthless shit.

Nya.PNG.37b28391b2b7fb5cf828c44074dff5dc.PNG

Anyways until Resi dies she's not allowed to stop making babies.

Anyways she only had two cracker-jawed babies but im throwing them both in the ocean. They're worthless.

Speaking of the ocean, the crossings to the next two islands to get to the northern port look relatively easy. We just have to get over there first.

aaand I just realized our big-nosed idiot is the only male in the tribe. Sad.

1347936697_BiggieCheese.PNG.f553151230fab0a62f4ac9b6a87d1f02.PNG

Next day, big-nosed bitches. I hate them but hey we have a man so I guess.

Anyways, back to storytelling. My ranting's boring.

Stunned.PNG.d29afa850fe0d8cf85805575deb513fc.PNG

Day 81 of niche hell. A bearyena has decided to come out of nowhere to attack the tribe.. but bonk! Looks like he's stunned! Two nichelings decide to go fight it, but then they do, they discover a strong as heck wanderer.

1343270508_Mmmtasty.PNG.0122f672210c09d2d6a399905098ae35.PNG

He has a claw and the traditional spiky body. How cool! Get in our tribe so we can make you fight our enemies! Anyways, the next day the bearyena dies of poison and harassment before it can do anything.

Easy.thumb.PNG.d900bd971185d0110682828388b63079.PNG

Everyone crosses onto the next island, which is easier than it should be. Also, I labeled everyone with their names so ya'll could know. Sorry for reduced quality, paint does that and I was too lazy to open firealpaca.

625491866_sexyyoungman.PNG.71732e350e57478c5ab81ce4baac8d82.PNG

This guy, Nutaduk, comes out of nowhere. He's a wanderer. Sexy young man. Too bad he's useless! He has lean body tho so cool.

1597976438_Crackthembones.PNG.68d07cc21e40577079bc21fd1efccdeb.PNG

Oh and by the way here's the skeletons of those two kids I threw in the ocean. 

ANYWAYS MY PATIENCE IS SPENT SO IMA QUIT

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, Kepa-Shanyang said:

Like what the actual hell drowning took off EIGHT DAYS of one of my creature's lives, killed the ONLY OTHER CREATURES WITH POISON FANGS BESIDES THE SICK ONE AND RESIAND NOW EVERYONE'S GONNA FUCKING DIE IN A FEW DAYS BECAUSE OF THAT GODDAMN DROWNING EFFECT. FUCK YOU.

WHY DO ALL OF MY CREATURES HAVE B AND HOME ISLAND IMMUNITY I CAN'T FUCKING BREED ANYONE RESI IS THE ONLY ONE WITH DECENT IMMUNITY LEFT I FUCKING HATE NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE CONSOLE ARCHIPELAGO SUCKS AND EVERYTHING SUCKS

OH AND WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! BECAUSE OF ONE SIMPLE MISTAKE OF LEAVING THE SICK ONE BY PEOPLE WHILE CROSSING EVERYONE'S SICK AND DYING!!!

1067607940_gETIN.PNG.0ef1fb87566509d51eb2fe60734173f5.PNG

Get in our tribe you disgusting big-nosed piece of worthless shit. 

This made me laugh so hard that my throat hurts. Bless your salt lol

-We're still in chapter 3, babey-

482823580_newguy.PNG.f2cf9026a7f53b4350b46d213abe28aa.PNG

Guess who got the motivation to play the game again? Anyways, we seem to have found a wanderer by mistake. While he does have recessive scorpion tail, literally everything else about him sucks (except for the ram horns). We'll kill him off next turn.

tribeisland.PNG.510361c70f8a64ce89f3dda59d5a6575.PNG

Anyways, here's our tribe at the moment. While the island they've found is relatively good in food provision and being open in area, it's a bit small and lackluster. We'll be moving off of it in a few turns.

Liking.PNG.710cbbd634e8708cbaa8e6eb2d48a432.PNG

It seems that the wanderer, Duknuro, has taken a liking to our fishing-tailed female, Lalara. While this wanderer does also have big body, a desirable trait among our tribe, his bad genes outbalance the good. However, Lalara leaves his alone, as he poses no threat to the tribe. 

First.PNG.b3fc7c4aaafaeb6338714b482d4e6d2d.PNG

Anara here is the first one to step foot onto the next island. She smells a berry bush nearby, but other than that nothing too interesting. She may take up a job as the coconut collector.

familiar.PNG.b13bae323607b39322956b7f955138b8.PNG

Anyways, nearly the entire tribe's on the new island now after a few days, and... hey, this guy looks familiar! Kirdukku checks it out, and why, if it isn't old Nutaduk! He's definetley grown a bit older than when we last saw him. Anyways, we'll leave him alone. Undesirable for the tribe, but good company.

643701614_Whodis.PNG.00331bda5fc7d3463bf88438c458fa7e.PNG

Next day, and who's this? A little blind fellow called Nuvan, that's who! He looks awfully similar to Nutaduk, and even shares a few recessive genes. Perhaps this is Nutaduk's son? Well, nevermind. Despite the fact he's blind, the tribe takes him in. He'll be very useful for sniffing and hearing things out, and also.. he has recessive melanism. How interesting.

We also invite Nutaduk. While we won't breed the old man, we'll use him for coconut collecting. 

1673702473_BerryCollector.PNG.406ecbbfb2e36c227c723764257c64dd.PNG

Meanwhile, it seems that Siko will be staying behind on the old island to collect berries for the remainder of her life.

784735857_Simerawhy.PNG.e653dc550e7ad24d8e28203800b5dc10.PNG

Anyways, we've sorted out breeding pairs and everything's going well. However, Simera will have to wait an extra day to deliver hers, as she couldn't get to a nest before spending her energy. Fortunately, she still has two days left of her life.

1205546679_proudFather.PNG.8dcb447da24c56b7b92969c87f55d8cd.PNG

The next day, three new, poison-fanged babies are born, and despite being born to a blind father, they can all see! From left to right, their names are Koana, Sikosi, and Rodukta. Despite not being able to see his children, Nuvan is still a very proud father. Also, Nutaduk is a proud grandfather. He describes Nuvan's children to him, and Nuvan smiles knowing that one of his children will serve as a reminder of him through their spots, and the other is blessed by Adam themselves with the stripes.

1676489179_Godofwandererfinding.PNG.01898ce22fb52f5db162153bb66e24c9.PNG

Hm... would you look at that! We're just great at finding wanderers, aren't we? This wanderer has recessive big ears, albinism, and melanism. Despite how much I want those big ears, her other genes aren't wanted. Also, it seems that lean body is quite common among the wanderers of the archipelago.

Takir.PNG.39ca7e9c375e60b7645c3285d1a95477.PNG

Never fear.. Takir is here! His mother died on the same day he was born, unfortunately. Isisis, who is sitting nearby, spreads the news to Nuvan. Takir is blessed with Adam's stripes.

Prosperity.PNG.6423d6cb66cc0bbe86843dafc97ed602.PNG

Anyways, the tribe seems to be prospering. A group of four chats by a berry bush while three siblings play nearby, Nutaduk busies himself in cracking every coconut that falls, and the others are spread out to keep watch of the less popular parts of the island. We have 15 tribemates, 120 food, and 103 nesting material. Life is pretty good, but we'll be moving to the next archipelago island pretty soon. Unfortunately, this won't be so easy, as there's a one tile gap between the two. Drowning damage might get taken, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Teens.PNG.e3f4f7e57255aed4fdf68bf204ebee6b.PNG

It's still raining, which annoys a few sensitive tribemates. These three teens say hello to their little brother. Rodukta is relieved he's not the only male of the litter. Meanwhile, Isisis and Reis, the only two females alive compatible with Nuvan, breed with him again. They'll probably do this until they're dead to supply the tribe with fresh youth.

985437324_morechilds.PNG.07e97919fcce9fe8dea1688439d2841d.PNG

Children, children everywhere! Over here, and over there... two new kids are born. This litter is growing quite large. The one on the left is called Raaanaka, and the right is Vanta. Hmm... feels like that name's been in our tribe before.

1164445370_throwbackvanta.PNG.a36239f82d1754eb509291327d37b419.PNG

Aha. Yes it has! Here's the old Vanta for the sake of nostalgia. Nostalvanta? Anyways, it seems red and brown fur is quite common in our tribe at this point.

moving.PNG.0bd609397bc0af78000d85ae85a07d88.PNG

Anyways, it seems some tribemates are getting ready to move. The waters are tested by someone who died one turn afterwards, and it appears everyone will take at least twodrowning damage. Stupid. You should only take drowning damage if you've been underwater for at least two turns, and not if you're in for one turn and getting out the next.

Anara.PNG.2a8f1a0c5441f8c73f3a0a01cb94b5cb.PNG

Anyways, the first one over is Anara. Seems she likes being the first to cross over to new islands. Meanwhile, two new children called Meis and Rereis are born. What a nice rhyme when you say their names together. Next day, a child called Nuro is born.

overkidulation.PNG.a54b63433f23c881773d58a7f1d371f0.PNG

Our tribe is overpopulated by children. Oh my. Literally every adult is a few days away from dying. Anyways, next turn, the final child who will be born to Nuvan is born. Her name is Kais. Counting on the family tree, Nuvan is the father to ten children, four being male, and six being female. Nuvan earns the reward of "Largest family." When Nuvan dies, he will become the god of life in honour of his accomplishments.
can we get some nuvan fanart in the chat

204198791_Nuvan-GodofLife.PNG.36f40e83fda3a0d12a2972f6e40ad076.PNG

In honour of Nuvan, here is his portrait. Who knew that the first god of our Niche world would be blind, and born to a wanderer we never truly wanted? And strangely, most of his children didn't inherit a velvet paw, despite him having double. Also, unfortunately nobody got melanism. Luckily, one of them inherited home island immunity despite the fact I forgot to pay attention to that.

1153233047_IslandHopping.PNG.e9e92d47504f79854867075a16893e1f.PNG

Moving to the next island is fairly successful, despite the drowning damage thing. Lucky for us, mostly everyone only took one damage. Once the children on the other side become adults, they'll be moved as well. We now have 144 food.

CuteBoi.PNG.516fd714cab262694b96b78ab8b15a47.PNG

On the new island, Sikosi seems to have found this cute boy called Takirru. However, his immunity is doubled-up and he's a pretty adverage nicheling. He does have recessive blue eyes though, which is a rather rare colour. She chases him away once he starts munching on a nearby berry bush.

Smelly.PNG.333fd8191af4c55b43785c676a82ff14.PNG

Exploration continues. We seem to have found a rabbit burrow, and an acorn tree. How exotic! Too bad we've probably lost anyone capable of collecting from it. Anyways, ending this post because my computer's low on memory and I need to close everything. This post's waaaayyy too long anyways.

• Like 2

-Are we on page 2 yet this is getting painful to scroll on-

sniffles.PNG.9dcb6dbbad31b2b9d20f44cb76eb1def.PNG

So, right before the sick wanderer died, he got Rodukta sick. We'll be sending him off to go create a path to the crossing to the final island by himself to make use of him.

1371893974_breedingpairs.PNG.ed89c44263ad8715d97064dca887f5d3.PNG

Aside from that, breeding pairs have been found and sorted out. Yes, literally every pair is incest because they're all siblings. Too bad, they're our only nichelings in the tribe at this point. Oh, by the way, we've been living for 105 days! 99% of my tribes get abandoned before that happens.

Next day, a baby called Mela is born to Meis. She reminds me of sunspots. I won't name her though, since that would mean I would have to name everyone else. And that's too much work and I'm bad with names.

Melanism.PNG.d7b13fe594b89563d9dd446db2320b9f.PNG

Explorations continue, and oh! What a pretty melanistic wanderer! Too bad he's sick as well. Is everyone on this island doubled up with their immunities? Oh well. I suspect Takir, who is out of the frame, will get sick if the wanderer stays next to him, as he does not have immunity to E. Fortunately, one of our females, Kais, is able to chase him off before he can infect anybody. 

Next day, Rodukta is back to normal. He'll die three days early though, unfortunately. He finds the way to the next island, and to everyone's disappointment, there's a rather large gap between the two. A two-tile one, to be exact. So what I'm gonna do is stay on the current island until everyone's super old, breed everyone, and take all the new children to the next island. Playing it safe, y'know? Aside from that, Kuvankir tries to hide in the grass in plain sight of our nichelings, and we kill him off before he can get anyone sick. Too bad.

Disgusting.PNG.d8beb07805bc5782f8536d225fcf37dd.PNG

In a few days, it rains, and the tribe focuses on collecting from berry bushes. These two females hardly get any berries off this bush before this young fellow, Ranu, collects them all before they can. Our two females are extremely pissed off, but don't dare attack the spiky child due to not wanting to get hurt by its body. Instead, they call for Nuro, the only big-bodied male in the tribe, who's large body provides him with one defense, which will protect him from the spikes. Nuro runs over, and the spiky-bodied kid flees into the ocean. Nuro watches him with glaring eyes. The next day, Nuro chases him down, but he keeps running away. The youngster did take drowning damage, however. Next day, I unfortunately placed Nuro under a coconut tree, and he's stunned. Fuck.

Despite how much we wanted to chase him off, I invite him into the tribe. We need someone to kill the stagmoles. No breeding this bitch, though. Anyways, we've finally cleared all the grass on the island, and I'm just gonna breed everyone. 6/12 nichelings meet at the middle of the island, and for now, the ones who're still awake will breed first.

1116920833_Rorokirram.PNG.d01896e5ac4f75b59b29dff7b6a8506b.PNG

And would you look at that! Our first baby with ram horns! His name is Rorokir. And yknow what fuck it im mutating ram horns in we need at least 2 strength to defend ourselves with.

I skip the day, and... one two three four five six holy SHIT babies! Our tribe is at 18 members now my god

133306580_mygod.PNG.4ac7251ef6f146c41d0b954261f483a5.PNG

Look at this ungodly amount of babies! And why are those two twins compatible for mating?! Also.. is that a fuckin peacock tail oh my god Also, black fur! Black fur! Black fur! I love black fur!

vanvanvan.PNG.91a977a8aaf56aef06fa34b3eb011046.PNG

We're just going on a baby spree.. and look, another peacock tail! Also, do you see that male kid there in the back? Yeah? His name is vanvanvan. FUCKING VANVANVAN. ITS SO STUPID AND I LOVE IT.

oh my god I just realized we have another kid called kirkirkir

kirkirkir.PNG.a075b2da0ec51b883c527e0192bff6ea.PNG

He looks a lot like Adam, does he not? Just a bit duller in colour.

After a shitton of unrecorded progress...

741133222_finallygoing.thumb.PNG.39b0c03d8c2d4bc82e561ebbdc316279.PNG

We're finally making a move towards the final archipelago island. I've labelled everyone in the picture for your convenience.

Dread.PNG.3087c8321994e743fbd47b67db908eb9.PNG

Finally.. the dreaded day is here. Let's all hope for the best. One nicheling at a time, please. Everyone will take around two drowning damage.

1684161730_APLACEOFPEACE.PNG.3f82c76b5ea0d444de4fc9755255ff76.PNG

It appears a bearyena will be our final challenge on our way to the swamp port. I thought this was a place of peace. Oh well, it probably migrated from the swamp. We are able to take it out the next day after hiding everybody in the grass, but Rorokir takes a lot of damage due to him being the only one out of hiding.
THATS A LOTTA DAMAGE

624194032_lookmaImadeit.PNG.88350d8f77f1388baabbdf8ec4b3bb56.PNG

Anyways, we finally made it onto the final island! Everyone! Is! Here! 

After moving a lot and clearing grass, spending absolutely no time on this damn island whatsoever, we finally reach the port.

tinyport.PNG.27ed7152232cadda3fd97d721df7fcbc.PNG

BUT IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL! Oh well, time for selective choosing!

After some selective choosing that probably wasn't a good idea, we progress onto the next island, and begin a new chapter of our adventure.