Stray Fawn Community

What's going on here?

Lurkily

What in the sam hill is going on here?

Both buttons are set to X.  All lights are set to X.  It seems like wireless parts don't circumvent splitters at all. I WAS just trying to see if a button could transmit to the other side of a wireless transmitter (It really should be able to, but someone said this wasn't the case) but why don't they seem to do any damn thing at all?Whaaaaaat.png.2cc07165703f29f564b6cdedfb0132f9.png

• Like 1

I'll recheck tonight, make sure I didn't do something stupid. 

I really do think signals should be able to cross a transmitter, though.  Then you could split a section of your ship, put a switch or if block on the other side of a transmitter, and transmit only certain signals, while forbidding any other crosstalk. 

• Like 1

I solved this with a brief look this morning.  I had to reconfigure more than half of it before the problem became visible.

I had parented an LED ACROSS the transmitter instead of directly to it, and the struts were hidden.  Wireless modules now seem to behave correctly.

I still think in this example, the bottom left LED should light - I don't feel wireless should act as a splitter.  That's what we have actual splitters for.

image.png.cf2c3f78f0840028f5599de4ec1f2cce.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Markus said:

And moved the thread back again, sorry @Lurkily. I hope you don't mind. Cool that you could find the logic error. Good discussion here.

No worries.  I would have done it myself, but in my uncaffeinated state, I thought you might want to mark it a resolved issue, which I couldn't do. 

I'm glad it was a design flaw; I had hoped someone could help me see it, but I hid the problem too well. :)

Thanks. 

• Like 2

I was writing a rather sizeable message before I finally understood what you meant (well, perhaps). Either I am slow today or we really do not think in the same way, both of which are probable. 

If I understand correctly, what you are asking for is for signals from the children of a logic connector to run all the way to a potential logic splitter (parent ones as well as child ones), rather than only propagate to children of the connector, then hop to the drone core and propagate from there. Correct?

If so, then I would welcome such a change.

Additionally, when you want to give an example or make a bug report, make it an exploded view with as little straight lines as possible. If anything, it helps making sure it really is a bug.

• Like 3

You have my meaning correct.  Signals generated by the child of a wireless part should propogate to its parents. Signals transmitted BY the wireless part should not. Feature request is here, lend your voice and a vote if you like: 

I have learned a lesson, no worries. No more straight lines in my testing. 

I submitted this to discussion hoping someone would find a design flaw, without realizing how well it might be hidden. I didn't intend to submit a bug report without independent confirmation, and would have submitted the drone export for the bug report if I hadn't discovered my error first. 

• Like 1

Basically I could see some use of its current behavior. Though it'd be nice if we could use them as a way to isolate signals to just whats beyond. AKA, an empty battery signal not transmitting to the whole map just the part it was attached to. Or maybe Im just using them wrong~ it just seems like when its on everything can hear it regardless. An all or none scenario.

7 hours ago, unmog said:

Basically I could see some use of its current behavior. Though it'd be nice if we could use them as a way to isolate signals to just whats beyond. AKA, an empty battery signal not transmitting to the whole map just the part it was attached to. Or maybe Im just using them wrong~ it just seems like when its on everything can hear it regardless. An all or none scenario.

Right now, only children can hear the wireless part; just as signals sent to a splitter can be heard by its children.

For that scenario, an actual splitter would be useful, too.